Cast when damage taken + buffed skill

Hey guys. I was playing around with Cast when damage taken and Molten Shell wich shouldnt be a too rare combo nowadays :)

I stumbled upon a problem that i would like to get some feedback to.
I was using:
Cast when damage taken lvl 10 (supports gems requiring lvl 49 or less)
Molten Shell lvl 12 (requires lvl 47)

I put the gems into a wand wich gives +2 lvl on supported fire gems.
The result was that the autocast was deacvtivated.
Now my thought about this is that the gem still requires lvl 47 and that is clearly written in its description aswell.
I used it on my helmet and it worked just fine so i guess the Support gem checks the lvl of the gem+ weapon buff rather than the actual lvl.
Is that a bug or intended behaviour?
Awaiting your answers :)

screenshots:
Spoiler

PS: I hope this was the right place to write. I would have reported this as a bug if i would be more certain but im not that used to the game mechanics.
Either way, this makes no sense.

I'm assuming that the +2 gems gives everything that comes along with that level gem, ie; causes the gem to require more stats, and increases level req.

Even if this were so, level 14 MS and level 12 CWDT are both level 53 req... so I don't get it.. must be a bug.

/e nevermind.. just looked again and it's "+2 FIRE gems". CWDT is NOT a fire gem, so it does not gain +2 levels, but MS does, therefore the level req is higher for MS.

That's exactly what your problem is.

The molten shell requires level 53 while the CWDT requires level 49.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Jan 6, 2015, 6:18:30 PM
Yes i had similar thoughts.
I just thought that CWDT depends on the actual gem requirements other than the not visible requirements after the gem got buffed by "+2 Fire gems".
Cheers

edit: shouldnt the Molten Shell tooltip show the new requirements aswell if it shows the better effects anyway. Would be less confusing, atleast for me :p
Last edited by Lorenzorro on Jan 6, 2015, 6:48:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info