Who I their right mind would take %ignite duration and why is it on the tree?

Seriously? Why is this stat on the tree? I can't really see the benefit of making your ignite deal less damage?
IGN: Smegacore
Some builds just want to watch the world burn.

Try Herald of Ash-Elemental Proliferation-+burn damage-+Damage over time...

Why do you think that adding to the duration would lower your damage? That doesn't follow.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 6, 2015, 3:33:53 PM
Tell that to Dyadus ignite and Goddess Scorned.
If you ask a stupid question, expect stupid answers.
If you post a troll thread, expect troll replies.
I take it all the damn time, why wouldnt i? Not everyone is dps whoring, i know i dont, i go for whats there, not for whats the highest number. I would take a "cant crit, poop on hit" node if it was there.
If monster had way more HP and we actually got into long haul boss fights (think original inferno d3 5 min elite battles with enrage and other crazy shit) then it would be useful.

Now with one shot power creep? Not so much.

Since everyone wants their own league SF etc, I wish they had a masochists league - Monster move 50% faster, have 1000% more HP, enrage after 1 min which ignores 50% of your EV/ARMOR res block, monster super healing etc - would totally change gameplay and utilize many skills unused
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 6, 2015, 3:52:05 PM
I think he is of the mindset that Ignite deals 1000 over 4 seconds, so increasing the duration makes it deal 1000 over 6 seconds rather than it still doing 250 per second for a total of 1500 over 6 seconds (which it does afaik; longer duration same dps)

And if the wiki is to be believed at all, it's in like.. the second paragraph
Last edited by hippossa on Jan 6, 2015, 3:45:42 PM
The ignite doesn't deal less damage, it's the same damage per second but for more seconds.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
The ignite doesn't deal less damage, it's the same damage per second but for more seconds.

Even i knew that and im sure im more of a casual than the OP.^^

>ITT people that don't know the "basic" mechanics of poe.
Let me explain.
If you have 0% duration for ignite you will deal 80% of hit's damage over 4 seconds
That's 20% damage per second.
If you have 40% duration you now still deal 80% damage but now over 5.6 seconds.
That's 14% damage per second.

Why would you get this?
IGN: Smegacore
Some effects work better (or at all) when the target is ignited. Think about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info