[Looking for Help/Advice/Critique] Scolds / Cast when stunned Build Idea

Hello dear Wraeclasters,

today i want to present you my build Idea for a Scolds Bridle build for which im looking for Improvments and possibly even mistakes i made while planning before i roll a new character.

Ill just show you the links i thought of first,some unique gear required, the skilltree and will give you my reasoning afterwards.

Required Uniques:
Spoiler
Doryanis Fire Belt -> 1% Fire Damage Leech
Romiras Banquet -> generates Powercharges on Incinerate use (cant crit)
Scolds Bridle -> so much synergy with alot of things explained in links section

Skill Tree:

Links:
Spoiler
5L chest: Incinerate - GMP - Spell Echo - Added chaos dmg - Added lightning damage
4L : Cast when stunned - Discharge - Increased AoE - Concentrated Effect (bbbb)
4L : Vaal molten Shell - Conc effect - Increased Duration - Fire penetration (rbrr)
4L : Herald of thunder - Reduced Mana - Discipline - Clarity (brbb)
3L : Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting
3L : Cast when damage taken (low lvl) - enduring cry - Arctic Armour

Reasons for the linkings i thought of:

Chest 5L:

I needed a spell which has a fast castspeed and does decent dps. Couldnt think of anything better than Incinerate since it a) sinergizes with Scolds + Vaal molten Shell and b) scales together with Vaal molten shell and Discharge on %fire damage.

Cant afford 6L, thats why 5L.

1st 4L:

Cast when stunned can proc when i get stunned (makes sense, huh) which can be the case if i take at least 10% of my max hp as damage. Since I am going CI and using scolds I'll do damage to myself. This damge should be above 10% of my hp, since my hp is in this scenario not calculated as 1, but as the life i would have. That are (38 + (Level * 12) + (Strength / 2) = about 1k at level 85 if i dont get a lot of life on gear (which i wouldnt anyways because of ci).
Discharge is my choice of spell because im planning of generating power charges with fast casting incinerate+romiras, and endurance charges with Enduring Cry.

2nd 4L:

Vaal molten Shell scales with %fire damage, got absurd dps in combination with Incinerate + Scolds and besides that it actually fits the whole fire+explosion theme perfectly.

3rd 4L:

Clarity will be needed to sustain mana costs, discipline for big es boost. HoT for dps boost, can possibly be changed for something defesive like PoF if mana pool will be big enough.

1st 3L:

Fairly obvious, Lightning Warp for mobility.

2nd 3L:

Enduring Cry whill proc with cwdt pretty frequently since im using scolds. Its supposed to generate Endurance Charges for Discharge.

Gearing Ideas:
Spoiler
Weapon: with 1%crafted Leech or Doryanis Catalyst
Gloves: possibly Doedre's Tenure to not cast too fast(would drain es pool) and get big spell damage
Rest should focus on Res + ES + Stun recovery

some Problems that might occure and how i plan to handle them:

Reflect: high level AA + possibly PoF + Fire flask + Vaal Pact
Not enough mana costs to get reliably stunned: apeps rage, Carnage Heart(?)

I'd be very glad about EVERY kind of Advice/Critique/improvements you can give me since i fucked up my last two chars pretty hard. Just try to tell me what would not work, what could create problems and what doesnt seem good to you. Thanks :)

Greetings Japoc

PS: When I feel like the build got no more flaws I'll roll a char with it and update the Thread daily
PSPS: Sorry for my bad English. I hope everything was understandable, if not just ask ;)
Last edited by Japoc on Jan 7, 2015, 12:24:33 PM
Are you sure you can stun yourself with Scold´s Bridle? Stun occurs on hit. Does it hit?

Also: Mana Cost of Incinerate is 9 at level 20. Your links add up to 155% increased, that´s 22.95 Mana per use. 400% damage taken will deal 91.8 physical damage to you.

In case Scold´s Bridles damage really hits, which is needed to stun you in the first place, this damage will be mitigated by AA.

Or am I missing something here?
I highly doubt, u will stun urself.

9*1,65*1,3*1,3*1,3 = 32,6 mana per use = 103,5 phys dmg per use

U need to deal at least 10% of ur max hp as dmg, to have a chance to stun, meaning u can have max 1035 life. Ofc i can be wrong, still would like to see, what u end up with.

U also could use voidbringer and maybe dual wield apes to have 160% increased mana cost. This way u will use 91 mana (which will require insane mana reg) and deal 325 dmg to u, making ur max hp 3250, which could work.

I still would like to see, if this will work, so go do it ;)
Last edited by 1337fun on Jan 7, 2015, 9:31:42 AM
"
SamSano wrote:
Are you sure you can stun yourself with Scold´s Bridle? Stun occurs on hit. Does it hit?

Also: Mana Cost of Incinerate is 9 at level 20. Your links add up to 155% increased, that´s 22.95 Mana per use. 400% damage taken will deal 91.8 physical damage to you.

In case Scold´s Bridles damage really hits, which is needed to stun you in the first place, this damage will be mitigated by AA.

Or am I missing something here?

You're right Arctic Armor will mitigate the damage, totally forgot that. Thanks.
I think either using voidbringer + low lvl AA or completely dont using aa will be the solution.

And yes scolds can trigger cast on stunned, just tested it.

Big thanks for your feedback :)

"
1337fun wrote:
I highly doubt, u will stun urself.

9*1,65*1,3*1,3*1,3 = 32,6 mana per use = 103,5 phys dmg per use

U need to deal at least 10% of ur max hp as dmg, to have a chance to stun, meaning u can have max 1035 life. Ofc i can be wrong, still would like to see, what u end up with.

U also could use voidbringer and maybe dual wield apes to have 160% increased mana cost. This way u will use 91 mana (which will require insane mana reg) and deal 325 dmg to u, making ur max hp 3250, which could work.

I still would like to see, if this will work, so go do it ;)

thanks for your feedback, i think voidbringer is a good idea! btw scolds has 400% so damage would be more. Im not too likely to use apeps if i dont have to because it a) gives insance cast speed -> insane damage to myself(unneeded, 0,25s cd on cws) b) i want the life leech on my weapon.
Sadly... CwS got fixed.
I heard something about Scold no longer triggering cast when stunned too.

On a sidenote, since you're CI, there's really no point taking the Arcane Vision notable, as your max life becomes 1, so you will always be on maximum life (when alive). Your energy shield will keep jumping up and down from damage, reducing your vision range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info