Bloodletting Notable passive&questions

Hi people.

i´m considering (heck no, already specked) the node of Bloodletting.

But i don´t see much change.(then again i´m quite numbskull for notice things)

i´m a melee dualwielder not-so-high-physical dmg dealer.(and i´m not willing to switch to Atrzi Disfavour :p )

But, main question:

When should a person consider get this passive ? for what types of build ?
(some say this bloodletting/DoT is useful for late map bosses)

Did i Overlooked something, and i got a passive who works better for ranged chars ?

thanks in advance! o/
*and sorry if i posted in the wrong forum.
"-Moments of clarity are so rare, i´d better document this."
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Wondering about the same thing, is this worth going for over other damage nodes? 30k dps DS marauder here. It's the 20% increased attack speed vs bleeding targets I'm mainly thinking about, the bleed doesn't do much on it's own without any synergy with other skills/gems. Hope some1 answers this post
Bleed is the same effect the Puncture skill does.

* 10% of physical damage dealt per second if the target isn't moving
* 60% of physical damage dealt per second if the target is moving

Now, increased damage over time multiplies that directly. So the +58% in this cluster turns 10% to 15.8% and the 60% to 94.5%.

Only the strongest bleed on a monster can deal damage at a time. It doesn't stack actively in a wonderful manner like Viper Strike.

Knowing all this:

* Causing bleeds melee style blows. A moving enemy takes six times as much damage.
* You want critical damage. You don't need a particularly high CHANCE (even a meagre 20% means the active bleed will be a crit most of the time), but multiplier matters. It's a nice "damage smoothing" mechanic, and Ignite works much the same way.

So it's basically an archery cluster for Puncture.

All this taken into account should illustrate that the 11% chance to inflict bleeding if you're using sword stats on the tree are....... weak. Useless against trash monsters, and marginal against act bosses.

"
It's the 20% increased attack speed vs bleeding targets I'm mainly thinking about

It's 20% increased damage. Any relevant damage node you have unlocked will be better.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Feb 6, 2015, 10:38:13 PM
On the contrary to popular belief the nodes cluster is great for hard hitting and fast characters of any kind, even melee, but of course less so for melee. Once i saw this cluster my mind went pretty rampant on how i could take full advantage of it and it took me a few tries to get it right.

1) Puncture + point blank chin sol - for those with balls, this is a great alternative to going up and around the shadow tree for DOT nodes.

2) Cyclone - smaller hits @ 6% means you will be bleeding regularly for decent amounts. You are constantly moving and any mob who isn't dead already begins to bleed out for smoothing damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info