Deleted

"
Dralyne wrote:
Would love to see screenshots of your 7500+ tooltip then. I know Flame Totem does scale very well in it's very late levels but I just don't see it scaling that much. Have any old screenshots around?

Furthermore ... When doing the math correctly it'd be 14,000 x 5 = 70,000 x 2 = 140,000

Your math would mean that the second totem you cast isn't using 5 projectiles. It should be if you want to get the correct answer :-/ ...

Again, would love to see your screenshots of the dps since none are posted anywhere. Not saying it's not possible but proof would be cool =) ..

You also fail to mention it will be mandatory to get extra dex on gear somewhere. Leveling GMP / HoI / Faster Projectiles requires the higher dexterity that you won't get from the passive tree alone.

SS's or cool story bro :-)

like i said multiple times already this build/char is disassembled and my gear has been sold off or removed.

"Your math would mean that the second totem you cast isn't using 5 projectiles. It should be if you want to get the correct answer :-/ ... "

wat? can you do math?

7,500 is the tool tip. if you have ancestral bond or not the tool tip wont change
hence thats 7,500 per totem

"= 70,000 x 2 = 140,000 "

where did you pull this out of?

the math is (totem tool tip) x 5(gmp) x 2(for dual totems) and then a 75% increased damage(when shocked + celestial punishment)

[Removed by Support]

heres a screen shot

Last edited by Jake_GGG on Jan 3, 2015, 11:20:07 PM
*sigh* .. the math comes from EACH totem is using the flame totem ability, right? Means that BOTH totems are using 5 projectiles each, right? ... So when you have two totems summoned there are a total of 10 projectiles, no?

If anyone else wants to chime in and tell me I'm wrong, then go for it. If that's not how this works, then what is the point of having a dual totem build unless you're mirroring the exact skill from the first totem onto the second with the exact same dps? ...

1 Totem (5 projectiles) + 1 Totem (5 projectiles) = 2 totem with a total of 10 projectiles being fired.

Also, I didn't think you'd have a screenshot of your tooltip DPS. I've never seen ANYONE with 20k+ flame totem tooltip. Not saying it isn't possible. I've just never personally seen it posted anywhere.

If you had 7500 tooltip when you were clearing the Atziri run, then everything would literally disappear the second your flame totem hit them. Almost the same as when you cast it in Act 1 Normal. My current 2200 tooltip flame totem clears just as fast as your's does in your video. Once i'm at Atziri level I'll also post a video ...

I just don't see this getting a higher tooltip than 7-10k max. I could be wrong though. Also, using Infernal Mantle really isn't worth the minor dps jump. Would be better to use Cloak of Defiance unless you enjoy ripping a lot to exploding mobs, chaos mobs, etc etc ..

Lastly, the Power Charges are a waste of time as there is no 100% efficient way to stack them. Not that I've found yet at least. Unfortunately, killing mobs while they have assasin's mark on them doesn't gain power charges at all (which is insanely stupid) .. Seems like you crit more often on a pack that you curse but you gain 0 benefit outside of that.

I guess I'll just have to create an in depth guide later ... We'll see how high my DPS gets as I'll dump 20-30 exalts into this char if need be to achieve the highest possible..

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Jan 3, 2015, 11:20:59 PM
"
Dralyne wrote:
*sigh* .. the math comes from EACH totem is using the flame totem ability, right? Means that BOTH totems are using 5 projectiles each, right? ... So when you have two totems summoned there are a total of 10 projectiles, no?

If anyone else wants to chime in and tell me I'm wrong, then go for it. If that's not how this works, then what is the point of having a dual totem build unless you're mirroring the exact skill from the first totem onto the second with the exact same dps? ...

1 Totem (5 projectiles) + 1 Totem (5 projectiles) = 2 totem with a total of 10 projectiles being fired.

Also, I didn't think you'd have a screenshot of your tooltip DPS. I've never seen ANYONE with 20k+ flame totem tooltip. Not saying it isn't possible. I've just never personally seen it posted anywhere.

If you had 7500 tooltip when you were clearing the Atziri run, then everything would literally disappear the second your flame totem hit them. Almost the same as when you cast it in Act 1 Normal. My current 2200 tooltip flame totem clears just as fast as your's does in your video. Once i'm at Atziri level I'll also post a video ...

I just don't see this getting a higher tooltip than 7-10k max. I could be wrong though. Also, using Infernal Mantle really isn't worth the minor dps jump. Would be better to use Cloak of Defiance unless you enjoy ripping a lot to exploding mobs, chaos mobs, etc etc ..

Lastly, the Power Charges are a waste of time as there is no 100% efficient way to stack them. Not that I've found yet at least. Unfortunately, killing mobs while they have assasin's mark on them doesn't gain power charges at all (which is insanely stupid) .. Seems like you crit more often on a pack that you curse but you gain 0 benefit outside of that.

I guess I'll just have to create an in depth guide later ... We'll see how high my DPS gets as I'll dump 20-30 exalts into this char if need be to achieve the highest possible..

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

"*sigh* .. the math comes from EACH totem is using the flame totem ability, right? Means that BOTH totems are using 5 projectiles each, right? ... So when you have two totems summoned there are a total of 10 projectiles, no? "

each totem has 5 projectiles

the math again

totem dps x 5(because the totem has 5 projectiles) and THEN X2 FOR THE 2ND TOTEM

Here ya go

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Bloomania on Jan 3, 2015, 11:21:59 PM
To OP just want to thank you for the build I'm enjoying it even thou just level 43 at the moment.
For a person who played RF LL MF sporker ( beta ) and MF dual flame totem last league, have to level this character and plus never played a Templar.

Already have a level 80 witch ( The Winter-Arc Crit ) and this drop

Now rushing to level up my Templar fun fun lol.

Here is my gear at the moment ( Gems are just my preference )

My skill tree at level 43

Used Lightning Tendrils since I got it from quest ( not a fan of Flame Blast )
I used Facebreaker for the crit until I can equip Milagro's or Void gloves
Auras for now are HOI and Clarity

Hope this can help people who wants to start this build

Last edited by bspex on Jan 4, 2015, 3:56:30 AM
*duplicate post*
Last edited by Bloomania on Jan 4, 2015, 12:52:17 AM
"
bspex wrote:
To OP just want to thank you for the build I'm enjoying it even thou just level 43 at the moment.
For a person who played RF LL MF sporker ( beta ) and MF dual flame totem last league, have to level this character and plus never played a Templar.

Already have a level 80 witch ( The Winter-Arc Crit ) and this drop

Now rushing to level up my Templar fun fun lol.

Here is my gear at the moment ( Gems are just my preference )

My skill tree at level 43

Used Lightning Tendrils since I got it from quest ( not a fan of Flame Blast )
I used Facebreaker for the crit until I can equip Milagro's or Void gloves
Auras for now are HOI and Clarity

Hope this can help people who wants to start this build

Thats actually really good having the items setup already.

personally i think using flame blast and reverberation rod etc is the best / easiest way to level.

but to each his own.

the build really shines after hitting quality gems.

this build takes some time investment but when you do it pays off quite nicely.

im glad your trying out the build and hope you have a great time playing it.
I'm having a blast now its easier to level up characters compare to beta.
I like the game play of dual totem ( Sporker best mf build in beta )
I have a Reverberation wand but you need level 28 and 83 Int to equip it. I used Lifesprig wand with tendrils is over power even thou your only level 2. Skip Reverberation when I have enough dex to equip dagger which were all self found.

Comparison:

tree has been updated

new info on build
Hi again,

thanks to your explanation earlier i managed to reach lvl 69 - and from 62lvl and 5-linking my Infernal Mantle i must say - THIS BUILD IS AWESOME :D

There are many things to improve in my equipment, but atm i stand at 2,6k hp, 900 ES and 4,2k dmg totem tooltip. Crit chance ~30% and crit multi ~410%.

My passives:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVCBx4Jqg5ID8QQWBDMEZYaOB0UJpUnLyoTK7YsnC0fOlg7fDwtQZZG10yzTP9VS1WuVcZY5VorXfJh4mP9ZJ1mnmjycFJw1XGFeuZ8S3_GgpuD24dlidOLjIw2jEaPRo_6kFWVIJUulnSaO5uhnWOiAKKjo_KksayYrrOvbLFCuMrAGsBmwJrB88au0PXVptn82rnhc-WO6_XsOO088B_w1fId99f4k_nd-tI=

My gear:
Spoiler

I dropped EB cause i don't have any problems with mana and ES gives me significant survivability bonus.

Now i will try to obtain facebreakers and corrupting them - maybe meantime will be able to find/buy better weapons...

I was leveling to ~40lvl with Lighting tendrils and from then started to use totems. And game becomes quite easy ;) Also i don't use PC as i simply don't see a way they're needed :)

Cheers!
Nice you saw the crit on facebreaker just vaal orb the one I'm using :D

The draw back is that I spend 2 points to get +30 Dex which I lost on the Millagro's
Last edited by bspex on Jan 7, 2015, 12:42:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info