Kinetic Blast, Ondar's Guile and Reflect

After I've died so many times on both Phys and Ele reflect with 95% to evade, Im seriously wondering if the game is not flawed.

- Does Ondar's Guile apply to Projectile reflected damage ?

- Is the AOE from Kinetic Blast really considered as Projectile ? Is it evadeable with Evasion (and Ondar's) ?

- Elemental Damage on hit (wrath, anger, hot, hoi...), when applied via Projectiles, are evadeable through Ele Reflect with Evasion (and Ondar's) ?

I don't think I should be dying on Phys Reflect when I have 50%+ evasion and Ondar's Guile AND Acrobatics, so please enlighten me.
Last edited by callistololz on Dec 27, 2014, 11:25:24 AM
1. Yes
2. Yes, and yes.
3. Yes.

Chance to Evade is an estimated value, based on the average Accuracy that monsters of your level have. You yourself have way more Accuracy than that; your Chance to Evade against your own Reflect is most likely below 20%.
- It does, you can evade reflected damage from attacks just fine.

- Yes, it's projectile attack damage it's evadeable and Ondar applies.

- Sure, if you evaded a projectile you evade any and all damage it would do, same goes for reflected damage from a projectile.

How high is your accuracy and evasion? That 50% is an estimate from comparing enemy accuracy versus your evasion rating and your accuracy is significantly higher. You might not even have 20-30%. Still, with both ondar and acrobatics, you shouldn't die that often, what kind of dps are you pushing out and what's your life pool?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
My stats :
Evasion 11404
Chance to hit 88%
Accuracy 52 + 166 + 242 + 92 + 249*2 (from dex) = 1050, +32% accuracy, +30% accuracy with wands
so it should be 1050*1,62 = 1701 accuracy with wands
HP 2690

DPS : Kinetic Blast with GMP, FasterAttacks, Increased Crit Damage (560% crit multi :s)
DPS 8157
Total combined damage : 373-1548, Physical : 135-238

I did not know that I actually only have ~30% to evade my own attacks which would explain alot, considering the crit multi...
I die when I shoot in a big mob, piercing it (40% chance from tree) with the GMP Kinetic Blast.
Last edited by callistololz on Dec 27, 2014, 11:41:17 AM
I've wondered about this too. I've noticed that I avoid reflect more when attacking packs in the open rather than hitting a wall to trigger the explosions in a small area. It may just be a matter of having more hits per attack when I shotgun KB against a wall, but the difference is very noticeable. Usually I can ignore reflect, but I've nearly one-shot myself a couple times doing the shotgun trick on reflect rares. I have ~1.3k accuracy and ~2.8k evasion with Ondar's Guile.
"
callistololz wrote:
Evasion 11404
Accuracy 1701 with wands

Chance to Evade = 1 - Attacker's Accuracy / (Attacker's Accuracy + (Defender's Evasion / 4) ^ 0.8)

1 - 1701 / (1701+(11404/4)^0,8) = 0.25
25% Chance to Evade against your own Attacks, 50% due to Ondar's Guile.
When you Crit, you're taking some 220 Physical Damage per Hit right back at you (and ignore half of it). Just a bit of Armour should fix that right up.

Also; your Accuracy with Kinetic Blast is listed in the Offence tab on your Character Screen.

@BurnedInEffigy: you have a 24% Chance to Evade, factoring in Ondar's.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 27, 2014, 12:06:51 PM
As far as I know Ondars Guile does not apply to reflect.
I once read a quote of Chris stating that it does not work because the reflected attack comes from the enemy.
This explanation fits my personal experience and your explenation.
Unortunately I can' t find the quote.

PS: I would recommend Ondars Guile anyways, it' s pretty OP
"
wagi013 wrote:
As far as I know Ondars Guile does not apply to reflect.
I once read a quote of Chris stating that it does not work because the reflected attack comes from the enemy.
This explanation fits my personal experience and your explenation.
Unortunately I can' t find the quote.

Yeah, it used to work like that before, a fairly long time ago. It wasn't possible to evade, dodge, block, maybe even mitigate physical reflect with armor, can't really remember details.

Now reflected damage is a fragment of your own damage that came back, it carries no properties except damage type and accuracy (if an attack was reflected) and does not count as a full hit for purposes of event triggering.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 27, 2014, 4:35:35 PM
Evade is not the proper setting to avoid reflect, ie you will get full damage no matter what once in a while, and this even if you evade 99.99% of the time. Use an other mean to mitigate reflect, evasion is only good as a standard layer of defense, but not for reflect. Unless you play torment and don't care about dying once in a while use something else, lower your damage, convert to an other type of damage, use vaal pact...
Last edited by Halagaz on Feb 14, 2015, 4:07:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info