[1.3] Static fun, 2H Mace templar, 6.2K life without Belly/Kaom, 60k+ solo target dps, Atziri viable

So decided to share my current build in torment which i plan to use to kill atziri with.
First plan for a build was to go wander but decided to go 2h for more fun.

First of all, this is a Resolute Technique build, so no crit jolly fun.
However i find the clear time good, and the links aren't set in stone, you can swap out Static Strike for say cyclone and still do good.

Currently level 86, stats are:
6.2k life
6.3k armor
38k~ tooltip dps with auras, not including atziri flask or vaal buffs

Solo target dps is: 38k + 38 * 0.7 = 64.6K~

AoE dps is: 26.6K~

When i hit level 7 haku i intend to add the 9-12% attack speed to my gloves, which should add at least 1k dps to my tooltip. Quality gems should push my tooltip dps over 40k and my single target dps to around 70k.

Currently at aprox 6.2k life without Kaoms or Belly. I plan on getting +1 endurance charges by level 90 and more crit reduction.
Although this build might not seem cheap, i think it's a good budget build seeing as no piece of my gear costed over 1 exalt, most were actually in the 10 chaos or less category, except the weapon.

Switched to BM weapon tree, but it is possible with the mana tree with 2% mana leech at least.

Pics or didn't happen?

Spoiler

1. Skills used
Spoiler

Primary link, in order of importance:
Static Strike - Melee Physical - Multistrike - WED - Faster Attacks - Added Fire

Secondary links:

1st 4L: Herald of Ash + Purity of fire + Hatred + Reduced Mana
Explanation:
Basic aura 4L, HoA and Hatred are natural candidates, Purity of fire is being leveled atm and will be used for atziri.

2nd 4L: Leap Slam - Vengeance - Stun - Endurane Charge on Melee Stun
Explanation:
Keeps charges up along with the 3rd 4L, endurance charge uptime is 100% when coupled with the other 4L. I can chain immortal calls for physical immunity.

3rd 4L: Immortal Call + Increased Duration + CWDT (high level) + Enfeeble
Explanation:
Panic IC, we level it up to a high level because unlike most characters you have a good amount of physical reduction and it popping every second would be of no big matter. It needs to activate in times of need which are of big significance not whenever you take a hit.
This is the reason i will be keeping this at level 15, which activates every 2060 damage taken allowing for a higher level of enfeeble and immortal call.

Enfeeble is used to negate the next big hit that is coming, seeing as the 4th 4L will overide it.

4th 4L: CWDT (level 1) + Enduring Cry + Warlord Mark + Increased Area of Effect
Explanation:
Keeps your life regen and endurance charges up while increasing the chance of stunning enemies. Also good for elemental reflect maps, because most of our dps is elemental and we are not running a life leech gem.
If you want to run curse immune + ele reflect maps, switch out Added Fire / Faster Attacks / WED for Life leech.
I think Warlord's Mark is a curse we do not see too often, but it fits in the build really good freeing up a gem slot and providing a big defense factor because of how it provides a great deal of endurance charges.

2. Gear

my gear

Explanation

I decided to try and make a build not reliant on too much uniques. Wearing a rare chest is often a lot cheaper than going for a unique one.

Weapon:
The most costly gear part i have is my mace, i paid the 6L white base 30 chaos and then proceeded to chaos it until i hit the current stats.
Total cost of it was around 2 exalts.

I know this probably seems like a lot, but, you can instead buy a 5L chest piece and a higher dps weapon and escape the RNG factor of chaos crafting.
A higher dps weapon will offset the difference in an additional gem link.

Chest: is pretty explanatory, get as much life as possible, astrals are a great base, armor should be around 1k at least.
Cost was 8c base, +x orbs to add strength.

Gloves: are sustaining me in mana atm, however 2% mana leech is needed to run all 3 auras. Atm i am running only 2 auras because of this.
However my mace will be getting the vagan "blood magic support" mod added to it soon, so i didn't bother with more mana leech.

Helm: was given to me by a guildie, it's a really great helm but nothing over the top.
You can probably get one under 10c which rivals the stats.

Boots: were bought, around 5 chaos i think. Nothing special, use them to cap resists.
Move speed can be sacrificed because you can move fast enough with leap slam.

Rings:
Priority are high life, followed by resists, followed by flat phys and WED.
As you can see i focused on survival more than dps.

Amulet:
Bought really recently, for 10c+1 gcp. Was a luxury purchause mainly because of the IIR and more life than my previous one (which had no str). Still have open stuff to add to it but no need at this stage.

Belt:
This is a probably odd choice but i really like this belt. It lowers the chance of getting 1 shot by bullshit crits from stuff like rhoas, flameblasts and such.
You can opt for a different belt with more resists, wed, etc. However i think this belt is a godsend for 2H characters as it mitigates critical damage.

3. Passives
Spoiler

There are 3 possible ways to sustain your mana, at the start i planned to use massive cost skill reduction + mana regeneration + clarity on life (a low level one).
However it is possible to sustain with a blood magic gem or mana leech also.

My current mace allows for the vagan level 1 blood magic mod to be applied which i tend to use so templar is not an optimal character in the case you want to use life to fuel your attacks.
Templar is the best if planning to use clarity on life + mana regeneration however.
Seeing as i got my mace around level 78 while still running clarity, it was too late for me to consider this, thus i keep going as a templar which is my favorite character.

Going marauder saves up 3-4 points however, but yields lower life regeneration.

And the last tree i planned is perhaps the most fun one. However it is not the most optimal for atziri seeing as she is immune to elemental effects.

4. Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Oak, +40 life
Cruel: Kraytin/Oak are interchangeable, i chose Kraytin because i feel like attack speed is a harder stat to gain.
Merciless: +1 endurance charge

5. Alternative skills
Spoiler

Cyclone is a good alternative and so is Ground Slam.
Atm i can hit 20k ground slam without concentrated effect, so getting up to 30k+ should be possible with it and quality gems and better gear.

Cyclone needs the blood magic variant however as i feel you cannot reliably use it with mana leech alone because using 1 cyclone will leave you manaless if you do not hit anything.
I might be switching to Cyclone after getting it to 20q and adding the blood magic mod to my weapon, to make the build reflect safer.

Glacial Hammer + Melee Splash is a big contender for a more survival focused build.

6. Maps
Spoiler

Highest maps i ran so far were level 76, and so far the last death i experienced was from a rogue box.
After level 80 they become a box i do not bother with anymore and i just reroll them since the chance to die to lag is too great.

I have done the Weaver boss in jungle valey at -60% chaos resist without dying and ofc the rest of the bosses leading up to the academy boss. However the weaver can be tricky if your flasks aren't set up right and without knowing what to expect.
Good dps is needed to quickly dps down the spiders around the weaver, especially the aura ones.

Biggest problem are the reflect maps, warlord mark will negate most of it but resistance flasks and good life flask management is needed sometimes.

-max res can be done baring no other "deal extra damage as X" mod is present. However you need to play safer and be quicker with the usage of flasks (especially the resist ones).
Reflect with this mod is not possible, and if you encounter one in the map try to dispatch it with great care. Multistrike+explosions can make quick work of your 6k life pool.

Everything else can be run without too much trouble, i often like getting the beyond mod and have killed 2 of the unique bosses so far without a death.
Fracture maps are actually quite fast because the explosions of static strike kill everything so fast.

Attempting atziri @ level 86, as i want to break 6K life first.

For any suggestions or question, feel free to post below.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jan 7, 2015, 12:03:13 PM
Hi,

Nice build mate!

It's funny coz i was planning the same goal with the same class/build/weapon type :)

My tree is a bit different but if you want to take a look at it you're welcome! Any feedback will be appreciated too

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwRboEPIfA6nVWjyBLOiAPAfwGY8BZ_fgpuaO-w4kFUnL8AaGjjvfPrSZp7jahZvNukkqvcycqmsqlnzfNnqGM9-dqytjYIH2XzyQdIh7w4UIORRUEeezacwn8vynAHn_EsUTbyfGJFgkWdY5K026GEhGlVko4dqkGypJ6mUhO8FLXrvdO1gSyFVXhMnIIoiLPvApgd13D2XeTkOCZY6Uhv6Jd-2LKQZ2WGFUusJWK94DaluKji18jWS2L3-j6ZXTePyRf4KOuFXDQ==

I was planning to use Vaal Pact, do you think is useless for our ll provide by curse?

And btw Gz for your 6L! self found/craft? I need at least to 5L mine!

Btw nice job! Good luck for Atziri and give us feedback when you attend it!
Regarding Vaal Pact:

It's certainly an option i feel, i just didn't go for it because i would lose 400 hp/sec regeneration, which is quite the number.
Not sure if the curse alone can sustain it however, you might need the life leech gem.

The 6L was bought white for 30 chaos and then crafted by chaos orbs :P
Took around 2 exalts.

The 1% physical leech on your tree is not much, coming from a person who tried to run blood rage for it's higher % physical leech, the physical portion of the hit is just too low because of the conversion.
If you ran cyclone instead however, the leech is nice because the hit is stronger.

As i said my weapon would probably be a match to a 500 dps weapon coupled with a 5L somewhere, so i think similar results can be achieved.

As for your tree, stats are pretty simmilar, yours is a bit less on the offensive side but it is less points also so you can probably get that difference in 5-6 points.

Added screenshot.
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 23, 2014, 5:05:32 AM
Bump for visibility :p
Hit level 86 today, think im gonna stop leveling for now (level 72 maps are giving me around 2-4% exp per run so eh).

Gonna try atziri as soon as i get a set and craft the level 7 vagan mod.
Sitting on 5.9k life, didn't hit 6k but think it's fine.
I've been running this build in bloodlines and am 44 at the moment. It's going really well, I like the build a lot. Right now i'm running clarity to help with early level mana issues and the increased area of effect radius is nice too. The clear speed is really nice with this build though! I'm basically new, back playing poe again after not playing since beta and this build was easy to follow - so thanks!
Cool to know mate!

I will try to add some leveling tips and budget options as soon as i can.
Didn't really intend this build for HC since 2H builds really lack defenses generally but glad you like it.

My leveling came to a stop at level 86, ran out of all maps above 72 and i don't want to bother with trading or partying at this point.

Attempting atziri as soon as i hit vagan level 7, which should be soon.
Really awesome build, I'm gonna try it out myself!
//go next
Thanks mate, hope you enjoy it.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and i will post answers as soon as possible.
At the moment i am playing on my Scion Wander to try and get the 3x85 achievement but the build is really solid, i have not been killed in a long time and for a 2H build i can say the tankyness is great.
hey, switched over this build. Doing crazy DPS. Thanks. What do you think about using the new doom unique and respecing into sword nodes? Are maces that much better? ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info