PvP Tournament Season One Starts this Weekend!

Blitz events are my personal favourite. They're twenty minutes long and incredibly action-packed. You're rapidly matched in short fights against different opponents. Every time you get a kill or be killed, you're quickly matched against another opponent. The goal is to get as many kills as possible, so it's very important to use a deadly build. Your flask charges recharge every match, so going for high-damage build is a good strategy. I strongly recommend trying out Blitz events, they're way more fun than I can describe here.

Free-for-all events are like the Sarn Arena on steroids. You are placed in an arena full of other exiles, and gain a point for every kill. The arenas rebalance player numbers by moving people between them as they are killed. These events are chaotic and frequently involve a dozen players involved in close combat.

Swiss tournaments are the serious, competitive option and take place over several hours rather than 20 minutes. Each round is 15 minutes and is a best-of-seven against a single opponent. These events award physical prizes contributed by our sponsors - Razer and Karma Koin. Check out the prizes here! The winner of each Swiss event also received an invitation to the Invitational at the end of the season!

For more mechanical information on how these events are run, check out this Development Manifesto post.

Remember that all of these events earn you points towards a set of Alternate Art Unique Items!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Dec 19, 2014, 1:22:43 AM
"
Portent wrote:
Will the ability to join the Arena with pvp-only characters be fixed by then?

No, but the Arena is not necessary for any of these events. The fix for that is currently scheduled for next week. These events are joined by pressing "B" and selecting an event.

"
Grimmhammer wrote:
Looking at the season page, I see that there are two separate seasons, one for EU and one for US. Is it possible to participate in both? Because I have played my character in both EU and US ladders simply by changing the gateway I login through, and have separate rankings in both.

Yes. You can win two sets of alternate art uniques this way.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info