How to get into Sarn Arena with PVP only char

Please GGG give us the option to teleport to the location pvp toons spawn in if the player has no hideout.

I'm sat in my hideout on my own.. :'(, I feel like a hermit within poe imprisoned in side my own hideout.
Last edited by chrisc666 on Feb 28, 2015, 11:06:19 AM
uppppppppppppppppp
Back in the temporary leagues I had days when I couldn't do the daily mission for Leo because my main character was too high level for the Normal difficulty arena, but had yet to reach Sarn in Cruel. And then my PvP character couldn't get to the arena either, because of this ridiculous situation.

"Why are you still standing there?!"
How is this a problem still?

Not that I think it will matter. I've never once seen anyone else in the arena. But between not being able to get my PvP character to the arena and never getting a 3v3 I wonder how people level Leo?
I rarely miss a daily mission, so I'm slowly but surely levelling up Leo. In the Sarn Arena I try to arrange exchanges of kills with other players, and for the CTF and 3v3 matches we form groups that usually make sure that everyone gets the mission done. (Gather six players in one hideout/instance to make sure that everyone queues in the same server, then split up into two teams and queue.)

For the open 1v1 matches I can usually get my missions done sooner or later, depending on the opposition. Sometimes I resort to low level PvP with PvP characters. (I'm not good at PvP. Or PvE. But eventually someone comes along who is even worse.)
How do you find others to do 3v3 or the arena? My queries are always met with silence.
Have you tried global channel 820? It's for sharing master missions, and Leo is a master. After the daily missions reset there are usually a few parties forming to get their daily Leo mission done, and sometimes there might even be enough parties queuing at the same time that the 3-player parties don't get matched against their arranged opponents. Rush hour! At other times during the day there might also be enough players around who haven't done it yet, and would be willing to join.

The Sarn Arena can be quite populated on mission days, and I often try to hang around there while I'm AFK so people can get their missions done a bit easier. Didn't think of that myself though, I just saw others doing it and realised that it was a good idea. Hm...today is a Sarn Arena mission day. So I just went into the EU instance to be AFK for a while. Always fun to read the local chat logs after a few hours of that. ;-)

EDIT: There was only one guy in there when I entered, but now there's ruckus on toast as exiles are killing each other. Some are just trying to get their mission done, but keep getting killed by their betters. I got my mission done hours ago when the arena was empty, and I could invite a friend for some good, clean and mutual killing.
Last edited by Gillsing on Jul 2, 2015, 7:04:48 AM
Nobody in 820 either.

I should mention I play hardcore.
I guess there just aren't enough interested people in hardcore to form PvP groups or populate the arena. In the standard league there's already significantly less interest in Leo compared to other masters, so with much less people I could see how that problem would be compounded.

Or maybe people in hardcore just don't trust the reassurance that getting killed in PvP doesn't result in being moved to standard? Or even if they do trust it, they might still have a deeply ingrained aversion to all forms of dying.
Yeah I'm switching to standard. I'll keep my hardcore characters where they are but it's so frustrating never getting anyone to do those dailies. It will take forever to level masters again (don't have any in standard) but I'll be happier for it in the end.

I switched to standard and still can't find anyone to do the dailies. The arena has some action but it's the dailies I want.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jul 7, 2015, 3:19:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info