2.1.0 (Working On A TS BUILD ATM) Tankier For HardCore SPECTRAL THROW/Double Strike BUILD

gona be streaming soon. and thinking about making a new CoC build with a lot of details
sorry for the dumb question, but you have two different final skill three. So, what's the matter? one is old and one is the update? or you just try different way to get the build? in any case, i'm following the levelling skill tree. is the good one?
Hey! Loving the build. Sitting on mid-20's now and completely dominating (starting with The Blood Thorn staff helped a bit...). Got a few questions so far:

Why go with diamond skin over armour mastery? +52% Armour v. elemental resistances (15c/27f/27l)?

Why go with 2H swords and not staffs or maces? Swords boost accuracy but doesn't Resolute Technique make accuracy moot?
If you're around lvl 20-30, you're just beginning ;)

So, to explain things a bit :

Later on, you'll always need capped resistances, 75/75/75, around act 3 in Cruel, and Diamond Skin makes it easier to gear when you don't have much currency because it makes it easier to achieve capped resistances.

Armour is a good way to reduce physical damage taken but you should ALWAYS prioritize elemental resistances over armour. Actually, you should prioritize resistances over pretty much anything else.
Armour is good but it only shines when you take small hits of damage ; later in the game, huge hits will simply go through the armour without being reduced much (in the defense tab of your character sheet, the estimated physical damage reduction is for average hits of your level, not big hits from rares or bosses), that's just how armour works in the game.

As for the swords, I don't know why the OP decided to go for them, maybe because he has a good one or a good unique lying around. Some sword bases have a bit higher attack speed than axe bases but not much, so that shouldn't be the reason. If you want raw damage, axes are the way to go I think, their base damage is higher and you get much more physical damage out of the tree.

For the other options, staffs are more used for crit builds, as they are pretty much the only 2-handed weapon with good crit nodes on the tree, and maces are used for builds that try to stun the enemy, as with Heavy Strike or Ground Slam, so both aren't very useful here compared to axes (or swords).
I just have a question about the post maker, why didnt u post a spotlight video ? lvl video are not very usefull, the guide is quiet good, but it would be nice to see some late game map with the build ?

Thanks Vadler!
The Elemental Resistance makes sense now, and I see why maces are out for this tank, but how does the staff's block % affect your calculus vs an axe's damage?
Last edited by Appleturtley on May 18, 2015, 12:48:12 AM
updated
updated
streaming now
Been busy with work. Will try to post new video later today.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info