Computer illiterate needs help: Can this computer run PoE?

"
MikeW wrote:
Hey there, got the message and I just want to say I am no pro. My graphics, nVidia 8400GS GeForce can barely run this, I am not exactly what graphics card I am going to get probably one around the £50 - £100 price range.

If you are looking for a card, look at sites like www.scan.co.uk (For UK) as they have competitive prices. I am looking for one with at least 512mb vram and 1600ghz+.

I am not the best person to ask really, I recommend just looking for the best card in your price range and see ratings from various sites.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike. You (and pretty much everybody else) are still light-years ahead of me in being able to intelligently discuss this topic. I just wanted to pick some better-informed brains. Looks like that 6670 is what I'll want for this machine, especially given the unanimously top-notch reviews it got on Amazon. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Okay, so I installed the ASUS 6670 card and a new 55o watt power supply, and I now get the following message, where I used to get the PoE login and cruddy graphics, before:

"Failed creating the Direct3D device"

and

"DXUTCreateDevice failed"

Help, please? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
1. do you have the most up to date drivers for your card?
2. were the drivers for your onboard disabled?

Check those out first.. easiest fixes.

for (1) just go to AMD website, they even have a program that you can install that will check for the latest drivers.. makes it easy.

for (2) I recommend CC cleaner.. it's a free to use program that will remove any programs as well as the bits that the normal windows removal option misses/leaves.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
As it turns out, all I needed to as to uninstall PoE and reinstall it. Still waiting for the L-O-N-G download, but all appears to be well, as far as not getting the error message goes. I'll let y'all know how the game plays, later. Thanks for all the great help, everyone! =^[.]^=
Hope it works out ! =)

Cya in-game ^^

Yours

Democatai

http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info