[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

I will definitely give this build a try.

Would you suggest anything different if playing in Torment?

Is this Atziri viable? ...uber?

Nice build, good job.
"
grimjacked wrote:

Nice build, good job.

Atziri no. If you pierce one reflection you're dead.

It looks like Frost Wall is only good for Bosses. If you wanna clear trash you better go with Discharge. I have now Voll's Devotion/Romira's setup - it's crazy fast. If i go to boss i switch to frost wall. Did dual Merveil today...
Last edited by SuperDumbo on Dec 30, 2014, 12:30:01 PM
"
grimjacked wrote:

Nice build, good job.

It's almost definitely atziri viable if you know the fight. I got her to 25% but I'm bad and got hit with every flameblast (partially lag/desyncs fault i guess). Even getting hit with flameblasts this build should be able to beat her, by using Kaom's Roots for unwavering stance.

Never done uber so idk.

Also SuperDumbo your variation is pretty interesting, but frost wall is good for everything. You're running the wrong setup for frostwall and then concluding it's not as good as discharge, which makes no sense. Also atziri reflect does not kill me.

Mathematically there is no setup that does more overall damage than frostwall, only ones that do more initial damage.
Last edited by pabrt on Dec 30, 2014, 2:47:02 PM
I mean if you have like about 5k DPS and do some lower maps 70-73, discharge is better because of higher clearing speed. If you do higher maps Frost Wall is better for safety and damage. Also i found very good method to get around blocking ways - Quartz Flask. With my build without pierce gem i can trap bosses, go right to them with that flask and finish him very quickly because my projectiles are right next to them. If you combine that with Quicksilver Flask it getting really crazy...
True, discharge will give fast clear speed on lower maps. I'd be interested to see a video of your build with the quartz flask in action :)
hello,

nice build, im leveling one up now and i have a few questions ..

at what lvl do you think its okay to swap to kb ? assuming we have a 5l

also in what order would you get the passives ?

thanks
If you're willing to keep your weapon up to date you can actually level with KB/power siphon, you just won't link cast on crit stuff until you have decent crit nodes.

For passives I would go for generic nodes first if not leveling as wands (life, crit, acro maybe). If you are leveling as wands I would go with life and wand nodes before crit.
Hi....it looks amazing!..do you recommend this build in torment league for first character and no gear?...and in the passive tree...why dont you take the "hired killer" node of life 6% and take away one of the scion circle ones of 5%?
Last edited by yissus on Jan 4, 2015, 10:31:42 PM
I think it's a pretty cheap build to play, so it should be fine to start a league with. Only thing is you need a 5l and a crit wand, and thief's torment if you want.

I leveled up and took hired killer, I didn't want to spend a regret orb to gain 1% life for one level only.

The current OP is outdated, I can update it later. Changed some passive points, and am using a 2nd frost wall gem in my 6l (you can replace it with pcoc if you're not using voll's chest).
Last edited by pabrt on Jan 5, 2015, 8:58:43 PM
"
pabrt wrote:
I think it's a pretty cheap build to play, so it should be fine to start a league with. Only thing is you need a 5l and a crit wand, and thief's torment if you want.

I leveled up and took hired killer, I didn't want to spend a regret orb to gain 1% life for one level only.

The current OP is outdated, I can update it later. Changed some passive points, and am using a 2nd frost wall gem in my 6l (you can replace it with pcoc if you're not using voll's chest).

i would love tbat :D been leveling and got to 60+ , swapped to pcoc but even jus the kb is amazin damage :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info