[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

cool , then ill do static strike till 60
Do you really have to pop these flasks like in your video everytime you attack a pack of mobs?!?!?!?!

It would be a real hassle if so
A hassle to press 2-3-4-5? Make a macro if you must...
I mean I guess you don't have to... if you're willing to give up free +13% all max res + overcap, 45% chaos res, 10k+ evasion, curse immunity, dispel bleed/freeze/etc. and 25% movespeed

in exchange for some convenience
Is this build viable with 4-5 links?
"Embrace the darkness"
You need a 5 link to run: KB + CoC + frost wall + pierce + GMP

which I would consider mandatory

Updated the OP with pros/cons and requirements/recommendations
Last edited by pabrt on Dec 23, 2014, 4:31:27 PM
I have two questions about your skill tree.

Why do you pick power charges when you do not use assassin's mark? and

Why do you pick melee dmg nodes at scion area instead of projectile dmg?
"Embrace the darkness"
This looks SUPER awesome! I'm going to try with a witch. However, are we doing damage from our wands? Or is it just from the CoC frost wall? I don't really have any good physical wands. I saw on page 2 a witch elemental build, looked pretty solid. Also, I only have a 5L voll's, but I bet that would work nice.

Would any of these wands be viable:

Seriously, again really cool build! If you could toss my help my way I'd be very grateful, I have 2 witches with respecs, lvl 77 and 81 i think? :P

Oh also, are we looking for attack speed at all, or is it just pure cast speed?
Last edited by iGanc on Dec 23, 2014, 10:32:25 PM
"
jerkan7 wrote:
I have two questions about your skill tree.

Why do you pick power charges when you do not use assassin's mark? and

Why do you pick melee dmg nodes at scion area instead of projectile dmg?

I am getting power charges from Voll's Protector. It's the way to get the highest uptime on power charges, but it obviously wrecks your mana and has no health/resist. Wanders can easily get charges in a lot of different ways though, so it's not required per se.

Picked melee nodes to get to the life wheel as cheaply as possible. The idea is that damage nodes are quite weak relatively speaking, since almost all our scaling comes from the skill combo itself, so you can save points by just going through melee nodes.

"
iGanc wrote:
This looks SUPER awesome! I'm going to try with a witch. However, are we doing damage from our wands? Or is it just from the CoC frost wall? I don't really have any good physical wands. I saw on page 2 a witch elemental build, looked pretty solid. Also, I only have a 5L voll's, but I bet that would work nice.

Would any of these wands be viable:

Seriously, again really cool build! If you could toss my help my way I'd be very grateful, I have 2 witches with respecs, lvl 77 and 81 i think? :P

Oh also, are we looking for attack speed at all, or is it just pure cast speed?

Our damage comes from our actual wand hits, frost wall does very little damage itself (it just multiplies our wand hits).

Phys or elemental works fine, but of those wands only the first one looks usable (after crafted flat phys roll). If you want to go elemental Piscator's Vigil is the easy way of gearing your weapon. For your weapon you are looking for local crit, damage rolls and attack speed (but not at the expense of maxing your crit). Also if you are rich accuracy & crit multi probably comes next on weapons.

To find needed crit:
Divide your kinetic blast sheet crit by your weapon crit (with charges up), giving you your current multiplier.

Divide 95 by weapon crit to give total needed crit.

You can see in the difference between the two how much more crit you need to gear/skill for.
Last edited by pabrt on Dec 24, 2014, 3:36:54 AM
Hey thanks for the reply! I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, now that I do, WOW! What a crazy good idea!! I love this kind of stuff! :D

Looks like I probably need to buy a wand, I don't think even with crafting the one I have will be worth while. Also, what do you think of that witch tree on pg. 2?

Oh also, it looks like Kinetic Blast works off attack speed correct?
Last edited by iGanc on Dec 24, 2014, 3:20:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info