Class hybrids

Is it possible to make a strength Witch? I know I can put points into the tree, but what I want to know is can I use mele weapons? or possibly duel wield with one wand and one sword/axe?

I have just made a witch so she is only level 3 and I can't seem to equip any mele weapons even though there is no red text or any other text telling me I can't or why, will I be able to once I use some skill points in the strength tree?

Sorry if this is just a plain stupid question but I was looking forward to having a battle mage of some sort.
"
Dissention wrote:
Is it possible to make a strength Witch? I know I can put points into the tree, but what I want to know is can I use mele weapons? or possibly duel wield with one wand and one sword/axe?

I have just made a witch so she is only level 3 and I can't seem to equip any mele weapons even though there is no red text or any other text telling me I can't or why, will I be able to once I use some skill points in the strength tree?

Sorry if this is just a plain stupid question but I was looking forward to having a battle mage of some sort.

The only limit are the stat requirement of items.

You can make a sword and shield witch, a dual wand marauder or a stave ranger.
Last edited by siis on Nov 1, 2011, 7:41:13 AM
"
siis wrote:
"
Dissention wrote:

The only limit are the stat requirement of items.

You can make a sword and shield witch, a dual wand marauder or a stave ranger.

Staff duelists are quite good.

I have a wand witch shes horrible, though by taking a lot of red stats your just gimping your self because there is no difference in the classes currently other than the number of stats they get from a specific color of passive skill.
0 Pre-Beta Posts
Inactivity =/= Indifference

Core i7 quad 2.3
8gb ddr3
2gb ati 5650HD
1280x720
Oh well =/ I was kinda wanting to use a staff/wand and an axe, but it seems like you can't do that, well I can't just now anyway.
You can certainly play a strength/melee witch if you want. You can use all the weapons and armor that a marauder would use, although you won't earn strength as quickly and you'll ultimately have less overall strength later in the game.

You can't use melee and ranged at the same time. So, no wand + ax combo is possible.

If you meet the requirements for a weapon but can't equip it, try un-equipping your current weapon(s) first.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Just play as the templar, unless you really want a female avatar.
Unavailable
I made a hybrid but not on purpose. I have enjoyed it up to this point. While I know I could be doing more DPS if went a different direction i wanted to get the two totem skill first off so went straight left which i should have went up.

Currently lvl 26 HC because do not play to often. I actually had to take away dual totems because have not found a totem besides decoy in beginning but love decoy which is probably OP and will be nerfed. I can basically go in solo with a tank.

There are a few things I would do differently but really enjoyed playing with this toon and all the directions you can go. Not bet gear and wasted so many mats on dumb things... Have a grip of unique for other specialties I could probably trade but trying to do by me only finding items.

Gems and colors are also really screwed right now but here is my gear currently.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
You can't dual wield one wand and one melee weapon due to incompatible attack modes (melee vs projectile).

You can equip wand + shield, or dual wand, or melee + shield, or dual melee. Your class is irrelevant for which weapon combos are allowed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info