Static Strike is Broken - 1.3 Templar 2h Mace build

Faster Attacks works with Vengeance? It's don't modify the damage...
Nice, nice, but still i don't think its a broken melee skill. Seems excellent for leveling tho.

With a 340 dps (had a crit roll) staff, ground slam in a 5 link (GS-> Melee Phys-> added fire -> faster attacks -> conc effect all level 19, 0 quality gems) and an abyssus i had 55k dps. That was only with 2.1 attacks per second so clearly each hit was big. If i had a 600 dps weapon i'd have to assume my damage would be closer to 80/90k.
Looks awesome to play! Looking forward to levelling my monk up for this! It's also great to level up with facebreakers.
I would advice you to try Lightning pen, as you are doing mostly lightning damage. This has the potential to add 2.4 times your damage output, and does 35% more damage in the least.

Reflect might be an issue tho.
IGN: Ralfe
Last edited by Riakkek on Jan 16, 2015, 5:23:01 AM
Having fun with this build so far, only level 63 but I have a 5L mace and chest.
IGN : Diamondbreaker - Gwynteir - Notevenclosebaybe
Is it a good idea to play the ss templar with a unique pole axe? Does quite more dmg than my mace. If i find a better one ofc i will change to mace
Last edited by Gurkenkuchen on Mar 2, 2015, 9:23:42 AM
Has anyone tried a variation of this build with a Atziri's Disfavour?
IGN : Diamondbreaker - Gwynteir - Notevenclosebaybe
This is build is bad and i would not advice anyone to use it.
I tried to use in the current 1 month SC and being at level 60 now i can say that this build is a bitch to play. It might be "strong" at some point, but being melee and slow ATS usually leads to the fact that 50 % of your attacks just hit the ground and hence wont trigger static strike.
Unlike skills that have direct AoE, you need to actually connect with a target.

If you do this build despite having read this post, well, your fault.
I wish i had wasted my time with another skill.

Ty OP.
Recently came back to the game and tried this build out. Playing mostly self-found since I had no currency to start with. I'm about to hit 70 and I feel like defenses are pretty good, but my dps is pretty low (around 8.5k right now).

Any recommendations for changes/upgrades I can make?

Here's a link to my current talent tree setup.

Here's my current gear

Spoiler

I haven't taken bloodmagic because I feel like I need the auras and I'm afraid to run auras with bloodmagic. I don't really have mana issues since I'm using warlord's mark. I have run a couple 66 maps and I cleared them with minimal issues, but I still feel like I need more defense and damage. This is the farthest I've ever made it in the game so I would appreciate any advice.
At what level is god idea to pick BM? Should I try rush to this node or better wait for few hp regen points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info