Static Strike is Broken - 1.3 Templar 2h Mace build

He probably uses added light so that weapon ele dmg applies it's more modifier to 100% of his static strike
removed
Last edited by skopetski on Jan 1, 2015, 9:56:54 AM
I ran into some survivability problems after hitting 73+ maps, so I decided to go out of BM:

gear:
Spoiler

Thanks to Alphas Howl+Clarity I dont need to bother about Mana at all, freeze immunity is also nice to have. Marohi feels also very powerful with this build, sitting at 25k tooltip(nearly 30k w blood rage) right now but the slow attack speed (.87) can bring you in some uncomfortable situations from what Ive noticed...

In my opinion, the non-BM version of this build feels slightly stronger than the BM one, most likely because you have more life^^, I had some real troubles running hatred on my lifepool while doing some harder maps.

Nonetheless an excellent build, very fun and pleasing to play, tyvm for sharing!
Last edited by s0mosh on Jan 3, 2015, 2:36:58 AM
What does everyone think about trying this but with swords. Seems like doomsower could synergize well?
I do not see the reasoning behind this build choices.

Going for big hits is devastating versus reflect, you do not even cover how to leech back life in case of using Phys to Lightning.

With simmilar amount of points i reach 38k tooltip dps with a 420 (which is 200 dps less than yours) dps mace and no abyssus and i have 5.9k life on my build, and it has an inbuilt system to deal versus reflect and ways to sustain both mana and life.

There is no reasoning to go for Phys to Lightning if you aren't going to use the Chance to Shock/Freeze/Ignite nodes at templar. Monsters resist lightning and you give up leech for some tooltip dps.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
I do not see the reasoning behind this build choices.

Going for big hits is devastating versus reflect, you do not even cover how to leech back life in case of using Phys to Lightning.

With simmilar amount of points i reach 38k tooltip dps with a 420 (which is 200 dps less than yours) dps mace and no abyssus and i have 5.9k life on my build, and it has an inbuilt system to deal versus reflect and ways to sustain both mana and life.

There is no reasoning to go for Phys to Lightning if you aren't going to use the Chance to Shock/Freeze/Ignite nodes at templar. Monsters resist lightning and you give up leech for some tooltip dps.

It's not a "follow it or you fail" build, do some theory crafting of your own. It's what everyone else is doing, I get PMs while I'm online all the time and we get to theory crafting to personalize for that specific person.
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
"
mike4334 wrote:
What does everyone think about trying this but with swords. Seems like doomsower could synergize well?

I'm currently at 10k dps (pre aoe, with hatred), level 65, with my duelist. I'm enjoying it a lot, the only problem are the spell instakills and the damage reflects, as it has been mentioned. I'm solving it by luring the monstears in dangerous groups one by one with decoy totems.
Could someone explain to me how exactly a physical weapon works with the elemental weapon damage gem and with the 21% weapon elemental damage roll on the belt? Reading the descriptions makes me think you need elemental damage on your weapon to profit from this, but this is not the case here.
"
NeedPants wrote:
Could someone explain to me how exactly a physical weapon works with the elemental weapon damage gem and with the 21% weapon elemental damage roll on the belt? Reading the descriptions makes me think you need elemental damage on your weapon to profit from this, but this is not the case here.

Static strike converts phys to lightning and the physical to lightning gem aswell.
so your physical weapon becomes an elemental weapon thus all the damage you deal is weapon elemental damage
"
Powerlenny wrote:
"
NeedPants wrote:

Static strike converts phys to lightning and the physical to lightning gem aswell.
so your physical weapon becomes an elemental weapon thus all the damage you deal is weapon elemental damage

So it buffs the main attack aswell as the aoe following it? Even tho the main attack is physical?
If that is the case then this is really handy to know ^^ tyvm! Makes alot more sense now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info