Static Strike is Broken - 1.3 Templar 2h Mace build

So the new skill added Static Strike is pretty OP and doesn't have much information on it so I'll shed some light on how this skill works and how this build brings a new style to the game.

Static Strike: Every time you hit something you get a stacking buff, when 0.75 seconds have passed you will explode dealing 70% of the damage dealt. Each stack lasts 0.75 seconds, more stacks doesn't add more damage per hit or more aoe or anything, the stack buff is just showing you how many GGBOOMs you have ready to go off.

Static Strike + Concentrated Effect: Needs more testing but the AoE effect on Static Strike says Less, conc effect says 60% More, I'm assuming conc effect makes the AoE do 130% damage instead of 70%. (Needs confirmation!)

Spoiler

"
Seicar wrote:
"

Static Strike + Concentrated Effect: Needs more testing but the AoE effect on Static Strike says Less, conc effect says 60% More, I'm assuming conc effect makes the AoE do 130% damage instead of 70%. (Needs confirmation!)

1.10 [skill effective] * 0.7 [less boom effective] * 1.69 [level 20 Conc Effect] = 1.3013 explosion effective

So, good estimation.

My question is does the explosion trigger CoMK? It is of course a gimmick type of use, but the qual inc radius would affect other gems linked, even those linked through CoMK. So a Shock Nova could conceivably be bad, instead of horrible.

"
exodus820 wrote:
Anything that says MORE is multiplicative. Anything that says increase is additive.
Conc effect is 60% more, then the multiplier is 100%+60%=160%
Static waves have 70% base dmg of your static strike hit dmg.
So 70%*160%=112%. It's really basic game mechanic.

Don't use Abyssus if you are RT plz. Now in 1.3 90% percent of the items value is the crit multi. And more over with two hander's low attck speed the 40-60 phys doesn't do much.
Put a light Pen gem, dont use added fire.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Blindfold wrote:

In PoE, "less" and "more" are multiplicative modifiers, each of them on its own.
"Increased" and "Decreased" are additive modifiers, all added up into one multiplier.

Static Strike has 110% base damage.
30% less on the explosion.
69% more on lvl20 conc effect.

110*(1-0.3)*(1+0.69)= 130.13%
(When only interested in comparing tooltip DpS with explosion DpS, a lvl20 conc effect lets the explosion deal (1-0.3)*(1+0.69)= 18% more damage than the tooltip number)

Because that 130% result is almost the same result as you got, let me do it again with "your" numbers for clarification:

x=tooltip damage
It is x *0.7 *1.6 = x*1.12
Not x*(1 -0.3 + 0.6) = x* 1.3.

Why this skill & build break the game: All you have to do is attack once, run into the biggest pack you can and watch the explosion decimate everything around you in 1 hit. The more damage you do in the one hit, the more damage is dealt by the AoE.

tl;dr - 1 Attack, 50 kills, rinse repeat.

Questions: Ask here or PM me ingame @Shweepin

Bandits > Oak > Oak > Your choice

Uniques Required: None
Uniques Recommended: Carcass Jack & Meginords Girdle with corrupted +6% AoE

Static Strike Damage screenshot no buffs, 2 auras.
Spoiler

Vengeance Damage, no buffs 2 auras.
Spoiler

Build

PoE official site

PoE Builder (better than official site builder)

Gear // Links
Static Strike / Phys to Lite / Weapon Ele / Melee Phts / 5L Increased AoE / 6L Added Fire or LGOH
Spoiler

Note: If you're having survivability problems or you chose not to run BM, take off phys to lightning gem so you can leech life/mana.
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 18, 2014, 3:34:03 PM
seriously? 40k dps is still not something to call broken
Last edited by sighlight on Dec 14, 2014, 7:45:52 AM
"
sighlight wrote:

it gets far more from using other gems like multistrike and faster attacks, this build only has to hit once to clear an entire pack, hit 3 times to kill a map boss, hit 4 times to kill dual map boss. the tooltip damage isn't the actual dps
"
Blindfold wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

it gets far more from using other gems like multistrike and faster attacks, this build only has to hit once to clear an entire pack, hit 3 times to kill a map boss, hit 4 times to kill dual map boss. the tooltip damage isn't the actual dps

very interesting. do you have any videos? that would be awesome to see.

btw, most people initially went for ele damage on their skill tree, but you did not and got higher numbers. it's cuz u stacked phys damage right?

also, how is survivability? really wondering if this thing can take hits etc. you took IR but how is your life?
"
sighlight wrote:

also, how is survivability? really wondering if this thing can take hits etc. you took IR but how is your life?

Think the IR is specifically to use carcass jack and not lose armor. I am leveling a build like this on torment and I kill things before they can really hurt me for the most part. When they do hurt you a little, vengeance kills them in one hit. Reflect on the other hand so far has been a run on sight affair. I don't have max resists yet but I don't know how helpful they would be considering the burst damage is so high.

The tooltip doesn't show the second part of the skill from what I can tell (the aoe part). With conc effect it is at least double the tooltip dmg.

Having 4k Damage at normal Dominus was pretty hilarious.

All that said, it is still melee. With that comes your normal melee survivability problems.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Dec 14, 2014, 8:38:59 AM
"
sharkh20 wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

Think the IR is specifically to use carcass jack and not lose armor. I am leveling a build like this on torment and I kill things before they can really hurt me for the most part. When they do hurt you a little, vengeance kills them in one hit. Reflect on the other hand so far has been a run on sight affair. I don't have max resists yet but I don't know how helpful they would be considering the burst damage is so high.

The tooltip doesn't show the second part of the skill from what I can tell (the aoe part). With conc effect it is at least double the tooltip dmg.

Having 4k Damage at normal Dominus was pretty hilarious.

All that said, it is still melee. With that comes your normal melee survivability problems.

can u tell me about how come you guys are going phys damage vs ele? most people are going ele, but it seems like phys is much better.

got a skill tree we can look at?
bandits?
"
mayanrm wrote:
bandits?

he told me ingame that it was Oak, Phys, and Point
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAAecEswUtDF8OPBRNFHEYkRm0GekbyBynITQhVSW8JyAn1SmlLPs0jjpSOuE7OzwFPC1BP0MxR35KmEz_TipR5lOlXhNgS2CRYMRhUmVNaPJqk2vZcql07Xasd1N82YIHhNmE74Y7hmCKIouMlFyexZ_fogCvbLQvtkG3PryfvTa-p8BmxPbGrsxmz37Yvdl837_kreoY707vfPAf8kX3Mvjr-d38S_4Keu-mV_6PNZJN4xjXkFUnL-w4gpuaOxo48kHKkOlGivA=

less armor but more health. what do you guys think? 187% health!
Last edited by sighlight on Dec 14, 2014, 10:06:44 AM
So I 1shot myself vs ele reflect, now carrying a topaz flask lol

Survivability is quite high, 5k health without belly and 505 health regen, decent armour pool. You kill things before they can hurt you, only thing that hurts is reflect so carry a topaz flask.

Oh and i was asked ingame why phys vs ele, easy answer is it scales much much higher.
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 14, 2014, 10:05:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info