ANGRY life summoner

This thread will be updated as the build continues to be updated and improved. Playing on Bloodlines HC.

Scion, Templar and Marauder are all ok, with small variations in base life, %life and life regen.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Tree at 78:
http://poeurl.com/y9rIRrS

108 points:

http://poeurl.com/y8tBwRL

Marauder version, 108 points:

http://poeurl.com/zcpoHQ0

Endgame Gem links:

4l: Ball Lightning + Curse on Hit + Vulnerability + Enfeeble
4l: Hatred + Generosity + Reduced Mana + Haste
3l: Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Cast When Damage Taken
4l: Purity of Fire + Purity of Lightning + Reduced Mana + Purity of Ice
4l: Raise Spectre + Added Fire + Increased Area of Effect + Spell Echo (5L + Minion Damage, 6L + Increased Duration).
3l +2 minion shield: Raise Zombie + Multistrike + Melee Splash
Rings/extra chest sockets: Convocation + Flesh Offering

Bandits: Help Oak in Normal. Kill all in Cruel and Merciless.

Lategame I will be using an Alpha's Howl and run triple Purity with Haste and Hatred on Generosity. Using a Belly of the Beast for HP.

I used Flameblast to level through normal difficulty while leveling my summoner gems. I switched to summoner at level 31 right after I killed Dominus in cruel and never looked back.

Spectre level mechanics; level matters:
Spoiler
The reason why summoning spectres from Cruel Scepter of God is important is that the level of the zone you summon spectres from (in this case Undying Evangelists) matters a TON for making sure their hp and damage is good. Undying Evangelists from Normal are too low level to progress you through all of Cruel...but Cruel Undying Evangelists are strong enough to progress you all through Merciless. You will want to get into Merciless Spectre of god later to get level 67 Undying Evangelists for end-game.

Finally, if you summon Undying Evangelists corpses with Desecrate to summon for spectres, the Undying Evangelists level is equal to the zone level or the Desecrate corpse level, whichever is lower. This means you should NEVER summon spectres with Desecrate corpses unless you have leveled the gem high enough. For example, if you are in a level 67 zone, but your Desecrate gem summons level 5 corpses, your Spectres will only be level 5.

It is VERY important to be leveling a Raise Zombie gem right away from level 1. This will ensure that your Zombies are as tough as possible later on. You can easily mule one by killing Hillock with a level 1 witch and getting it from the quest reward.

Purity of Elements is very important for the survivability of your minions. It is a priority to get for quest rewards or to purchase. The second aura you should try to be running ASAP is hatred. It will give a massive boost to the clearspeed and damage of your minions. Finally, Flesh Offering is also important to get as soon as possible, as it provides a massive boost to minion damage output.

4. Shopping list

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aurumvorax (rolls 40-60 all resists, cheap! 5alts – 1 chaos)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bones_of_Ullr (+1 spectres and zombies (rolls 5-15 ms, cheap! 5alts – 1 chaos)

+1 4link Minion Helm for your Zombies (easy to craft using a flask of animation + alteration + 4l blue helm) or buy one for 1 alch – 1 chaos. OR http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Matua_Tupuna. Matua costs only 1 chaos or less and is the best option for leveling a summoner early on.
Last edited by Angryafrican on Jan 23, 2015, 8:35:53 PM
this build is funny, it's like it doesn't want to start with any class at all. is templar definitely the best starting point?
66% increased effect of auras + generosity = 105%. That's 33% attack/cast speed bonus for the group on just the haste aura alone.
AngryAA - poe buffbot 2015.
@w00ty
Last edited by w00ty on Dec 13, 2014, 6:41:03 PM
"
w00ty wrote:
66% increased effect of auras + generosity = 105%. That's 33% attack/cast speed bonus for the group on just the haste aura alone.
AngryAA - poe buffbot 2015.

115% with Matua Tapuna on your minions. We take our buffing seriously.
"
jalkarai wrote:
this build is funny, it's like it doesn't want to start with any class at all. is templar definitely the best starting point?

It feels super dumb, but this really ends up getting the most life out of the tree.
hey dude,

ive been trying this build out. currently lvl 65 but im having a hard time with the spectres. They are dieing in 1 - 2 hits. first fight i normally lose 2 of the 3. I played a summoner a few league ago and they were more tanky but that was probably because of Saffels and Necro Aegis.

Any tips on making the spectres more tanky? I have your build and even took a minion health node earlier than you as i was getting sick of them dieing. the zombies dont have a problem.

the dmg output from the spectres is really good (echo/incraesed aoe/conc effect), just they are like paper.

cheers!
"
NZBen wrote:
hey dude,

ive been trying this build out. currently lvl 65 but im having a hard time with the spectres. They are dieing in 1 - 2 hits. first fight i normally lose 2 of the 3. I played a summoner a few league ago and they were more tanky but that was probably because of Saffels and Necro Aegis.

Any tips on making the spectres more tanky? I have your build and even took a minion health node earlier than you as i was getting sick of them dieing. the zombies dont have a problem.

the dmg output from the spectres is really good (echo/incraesed aoe/conc effect), just they are like paper.

cheers!

Your spectres are not the correct level. You need to raise Spectres from the Cruel or Merciless Sceptre of God. If you use Desecrate to raise them, it needs to raise level corpses equal to or higher than the level of the zone.
Hey Angry , I was wondering a couple of thing I'm assuming that the bandit chooses are oak , passive , passive is this correct?. Also with leveling with zombies what links did you use in your Matua Tupuna? I'm currently using Raise zombie - Mutistrike - Minion & totem resist
I've been thinking. Why use vulnerability?
Use Frostbite instead. With EE it gives -94% cold resist. That's 94% MORE cold damage.
And of course let's not forget that 15% chance to freeze. With evangelists spamming their aoe attack and your zombies hacking away - I wonder if you will permafreeze everything.
@w00ty
Last edited by w00ty on Dec 16, 2014, 1:13:28 AM
Frostbite is an interesting idea. I'll try that. I run vuln/ele weakness, swapping ele weakness for enfeeble if feeling sketchy. Frostbite + ele weakness + EE might be pretty crazy...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info