" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

Added lightning? Really?! As someone who has played a great many Arc builds, trust me when I tell you to drop that gem (Arc has 30% damage effectiveness...) and replace it with lightning penetration. Your paper dps will suffer, but your clearspeed will be even better.

I used to play Kitteh's tanky MaxBlock Arcer with lightning pen and double curse - could clear any map quickly with 8k tooltip DPS (but more than 100% enemy resistance reduction --> better than 30k paper dps).

Other than that, nice build!
How can I procide for bandit's quest? How can i must help?
Hello. This build has carried me quite far in Torment (83 so far). I'm thinking about doing Atziri, what is the recommended level/items and how would you suggest approach it? Thanks.

This is my current setup (I'm just temporarily using discipline until I can get enough regen to keep AA up):
Spoiler
is doryani catalyst the best weapons for this build?
"
Comic_Sans wrote:
Hello. This build has carried me quite far in Torment (83 so far). I'm thinking about doing Atziri, what is the recommended level/items and how would you suggest approach it? Thanks.

This is my current setup (I'm just temporarily using discipline until I can get enough regen to keep AA up):
Spoiler

most important thing before to go atziri is learning what to dodge and when to strike, look up videos.
cap resist's and get ur hp 3k atleast , i will make a video soon on atziri and post it .

some links to help ya
:http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/20jwdo/mini_guide_the_apex_of_sacrifice_bosses/

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBEzEpOE9fI
Hello guys,

I would like to thank your work ,its great one!

I'm kinda following you but having trouble to reach more dps ,its around 18k and i dont know what i am doing wrong and i couldnt understand how you've 575 multiplier ,from where?

Any suggestion would be awesome

gear

tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QIHpf6zAuNXK0myvYIsnG0ZBUIQWBEtCPRBlnYRfIPAVK6z0PXN-mpDvOpMs7iTUDCnCOvu216drij6EQ_lixpsgsd-r0wtrJgb8eQi-eiNGRSwdFU6WH7H1aZBh-ASgh5fKlXG7Ty3Ptlf2wuaO_4K3Yzhc4Kb2L2iAOw4NZIEsycvtfLAZpBVqW4aOCo4wBpxhcy3VynVdUbXsULB86Kjf8YRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rr9WSd8h0OSF3yfjOkkROejDZVS2HiJpUWv-Ts
Last edited by Zhultas on Dec 20, 2014, 5:09:18 PM
What do you think about adding Cod to your build for hc and if so what else would you change to make the build tankier for hc
I think i know why you freeze a lot and some of us dont, despite the fact we have the same tree.
You have 2 Doryani's Catalyst and thus a crit chance of 30%. You freeze because you crit a lot (well at least compared to us).Three dragons doesnt change the chance to shock to chance to freeze so i think is useless to pump points in shock nodes. You are shocking enemies only by fire damage wich comes from herald of ice and pyre ring.
So i think you need to go crit if you wanna perma freeze.
Hello all,

How is COD for this build? is it Recommended? It just dropped for me on merciless ledge and I'm just wondering I think it may be necessary for atziri. I need to know If I should sell it for 2 ex and get all the rares I need or hold on to it. And also can someone confirm the whole more Crit = Perma Freeze thing?
So I respecced my old Summoner Witch to see how this build would work and I was amazed at how funny it is to play with freezing Arc. After reading your guide and gem choices I decided to fiddle around with items and gems. Result is quite pleasant which might make push this Witch to lv90.

Heres my gear I've managed to get and customize according to my needs.

Spoiler

Current stats are:
3k HP
2,5k Mana (1k unreserved)
Resists capped
17k+ tooltip dps, 20k+ with 4 power charges up
AA up all the time
3% elemental life leech

Now, while replacing LL gem with PCoC might look like a suicide choice it turns out to be better for survability. This is because more crits = more perma freezes = higher leech. And if I need any sort of tanker while I'm dpsing down an exile/boss there is always skele brotem to take aggro along with Vaal Summon Skeletons in case of extra crowd control.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info