[1.3]KuteKitteh's Tanky Incinerate, +100k DPS. Fast clear, affordable, Atziri viable!

Elemental Reflect is an issue with this build. Those empowered Heralds will kill you very fast on a reflect pack in a party even with Atziri Flask on. I die almost instantly.

What I suggest is to drop dual Doryani's and instead use double Apep's Rage to focus on chaos damage which won't reflect back. Drop double herald and run Haste to make up for the loss of damage. The ramp up to 3rd stage Incinerate will be instantaneous.

Exchange added chaos gem for fire penetration. Dual Apep will even out the loss of Added Chaos gem. Also, chaos resist mobs will be less of a dickhead to you.

Due to fire penetration, your fire damage will deal more damage with every consecutive cast and that will synergy with Atziri's Flask (15% elemental damage turned into chaos) You will leech substantially more.

The cherry on the top, elemental weakness curse is not needed anymore. Instead, curse with Warlord's Mark. Elemental Resist mods can kiss my ass goodbye. More deeps than ever.

-Fire pen
-Chaos damage
-Lots of cast speed
-ACTUAL elemental reflect immunity as to the previous version, it wasn't

The lack of any other damage type expect Chaos and Fire will guarantee you to never worry about other elements and for that matter, the Tree needs some rework if you were to apply this version of the build.

Tooltip Dps will be lower but fire pen is NOTHING to laugh at. Especially if you rework the tree, you can squeeze 40 fucking percent fire penetration and a 25% increased damage to burning enemies (Celestial Circle). All these will not show any increase on tooltip dps but it is actually more powerful than the Herald version. You will ALWAYS (100% guaranteed) burn enemies due to the amount of cast per second. What is even better with burning, it has a default 4 second up time regardless of how much you hit. 25% increased damage is almost there all the time and it applies to you chaos damage aswell.

My version but not DEFINITIVE. Can probably be reworked a lot more
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 14, 2015, 1:46:03 PM
"
gtrans wrote:
Elemental Reflect is an issue with this build. Those empowered Heralds will kill you very fast on a reflect pack in a party even with Atziri Flask on. I die almost instantly.

Interesting - I have no problem with reflect whatsoever. 1% leech coupled with warlord's mark tied to low level cwdt = perma excessive leech. Even one enemy triggers warlord's when you have a lvl 1 cwdt setup vs. reflect. The 1% isn't enough, but it slows down health loss some until warlord's procs. You could always 6th link Life Leech.

My current CWDT:

First: lvl 1 cwdt - warlord's/enduring (ensuring fast leech/perma 3 charges)
Second: lvl 7 cwdt - enduring/immortal call/inc duration (for IC)
"
soloist wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:

Interesting - I have no problem with reflect whatsoever. 1% leech coupled with warlord's mark tied to low level cwdt = perma excessive leech. Even one enemy triggers warlord's when you have a lvl 1 cwdt setup vs. reflect. The 1% isn't enough, but it slows down health loss some until warlord's procs. You could always 6th link Life Leech.

My current CWDT:

Using a curse needs to be optional. I never have time to curse and I certainly don't want to start now unless it is a Boss fight. If this build can't sustain itself with 2% leech, tons of chaos damage and shit ton of leech from an Atziri's flask then there is a flaw somewhere.

It is undeniably possible to push your DPS to an exaggerated level and still be immune to the reflected damage. As I explained on my earlier post, that is one way and confidently enough, I will admit it is the best (until someone else provides a better option).

FYI I'm currently at 8.5k Incinerate

Last edited by gtrans on Jan 15, 2015, 12:20:19 AM
"
gtrans wrote:

What I suggest is to drop dual Doryani's and instead use double Apep's Rage to focus on chaos damage which won't reflect back. Drop double herald and run Haste to make up for the loss of damage. The ramp up to 3rd stage Incinerate will be instantaneous.

Exchange added chaos gem for fire penetration. Dual Apep will even out the loss of Added Chaos gem. Also, chaos resist mobs will be less of a dickhead to you.

Due to fire penetration, your fire damage will deal more damage with every consecutive cast and that will synergy with Atziri's Flask (15% elemental damage turned into chaos) You will leech substantially more.

The cherry on the top, elemental weakness curse is not needed anymore. Instead, curse with Warlord's Mark. Elemental Resist mods can kiss my ass goodbye. More deeps than ever.

-Fire pen
-Chaos damage
-Lots of cast speed
-ACTUAL elemental reflect immunity as to the previous version, it wasn't

The lack of any other damage type expect Chaos and Fire will guarantee you to never worry about other elements and for that matter, the Tree needs some rework if you were to apply this version of the build.

Tooltip Dps will be lower but fire pen is NOTHING to laugh at. Especially if you rework the tree, you can squeeze 40 fucking percent fire penetration and a 25% increased damage to burning enemies (Celestial Circle). All these will not show any increase on tooltip dps but it is actually more powerful than the Herald version. You will ALWAYS (100% guaranteed) burn enemies due to the amount of cast per second. What is even better with burning, it has a default 4 second up time regardless of how much you hit. 25% increased damage is almost there all the time and it applies to you chaos damage aswell.

My version but not DEFINITIVE. Can probably be reworked a lot more

But the biggest flaw with your built is the sustainability. I've have tried dual apep and the mana cost is just simply through the roof. Even with a vertex, my mana regen is 400 with 2.2k unreserved; is simply isnt sustainable with with arctic armour on.
The whole point of this built is to tank and when you cant sustain your mana, its equivalent to losing effective hp.

I would however, suggest using an apep with a rathpith which really helps with survivability.
At lvl 90 im able to reach 9.7k dps with dual heralds and dual apeps but I really prefer using a single apep which will boost my hp to 5.6k

Well how i think this built can be further improved would be to incorporate block into it. every single percentage of block added would increase your effective hp more than mana/hp added. well it doesnt have to be max block but 50% spell block would really help i guess
Last edited by lumosnox1 on Jan 15, 2015, 7:12:33 AM
Awesome sauce, leveling, currently at lvl 40 and mowing stuff through act 2 cruel still with my starting weapon lol

I was thinking about trying out Alpha's Howl with this build.

Perhaps drop one of the Heralds and put in either Haste or Discipline? Maybe even spend 5 passive points for Soverignity.

Don't know, still 24 levels before I can try it out, what do you guys think?
"
LuxDelux wrote:
Awesome sauce, leveling, currently at lvl 40 and mowing stuff through act 2 cruel still with my starting weapon lol

I was thinking about trying out Alpha's Howl with this build.

Perhaps drop one of the Heralds and put in either Haste or Discipline? Maybe even spend 5 passive points for Soverignity.

Don't know, still 24 levels before I can try it out, what do you guys think?

I too thought about using Alpha's and grabbing Sovereignty and Influence, for more aura diversity and for gaining even more buffed max resist from purities. Even though you would get more reduced mana reserved, idk would you still have enough unreserved mana to sustain CoD. Buffed Clarity would ofc help, but would it help enough and what would be best combination of auras to use.
From various previous builds I know by putting in Discipline, even with the extra mana reserved, would give me more mana than without it (leveled and with Reduced Mana gem)

So that would also give us more mana regen. Sounds good on paper but I'm not sure if the DPS decrease is worth the potential defense increase a buffed Clarity+Discipline would give us.

Since it's just 5 extra points from the original build tree to get Soverignty I'll definitely be testing it out as it's easy to respec out of.
Last edited by LuxDelux on Jan 15, 2015, 4:55:14 PM
"
gtrans wrote:
"
soloist wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:

My current CWDT:

I never have time to curse and I certainly don't want to start now unless it is a Boss fight.

Hence a level 1 cwdt applying the curse for you. I think it's 5.x% life/4.x% mana leech, procs off 440 damage (ie everything, including stage 1 incinerate vs. reflect).

Can't go wrong. Slot, forget, profit.
Incinerate + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + GMP + Added Chaos Damage + what?
Fire Penetration or Empower?
"
alkarian wrote:
Incinerate + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + GMP + Added Chaos Damage + what?
Fire Penetration or Empower?

Experiment a bit. Life or mana leech, faster proj, added lightning dmg are also an option

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info