[1.3.0] The Static Templar - Elemental Static Strike 28k dps // Eva + Ondar Update

Hi guys, after viewing the introduction of new attack skill - Static Strike, I have come up with an idea: elemental strike.

The core of the build is around using aura to boots lightning damage for Static strike, along with high ias weapon to gain maximum effectiveness.

Passive tree would look like :

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAp1VboEPITwRo8nwOi4z53aIA8B8Es5o74XOCm3flV-LtIDKJ73w8BRo4kFUnL-w4cYXAGtV1zLexQkbX2rl82fcycqmsqlnz-tJmnlXWZOcXL4Ck42oWb0KjJLA26SSqxp4Qfwx9gsfYvf4Ktz5Bh_noplc64fJFNZJN4_6P3Q0s6RUgKk0_J0rIbqq18hqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOspKUUysR31bSn3jn4d2Z6D8xcT2PC3GrlOlDF8cpwqbeOvveucK037-un111op_K3fXVvoRgd1GY6eQCggu7YMZjgBe

Bandit reward: Life on Normal, points on Cruel and Merciless.
Some people love to take +1 endu charge on Merciless. This is really good choice but I personally love to get skill point.

With this passive, defensive mechanic come from things below:

1. Lightning coil - convert 40% phys damage taken to lightning damage.
2. Purity of Lightning - Maximize lightning damage resistance.
3. Evasion ( 7500 with my gear) + Ondar.
4. 170+ % maximum life for lv 90+. For nice gear you can easily archive 5000+ hp. Beside, high life regen give you over 300 hp regen per second. This path is huge buff for life regen.

My Current gear:

Spoiler

This is not 300 ex cost build. Let's see how much we need for the build to work.
The rich one:
6L lightning coil : 30+ ex.
Alpha : 2 ex ( less than 2ex now)
Ring , amulet , boots, gloves, belt : self found. Not expensive if u have to buy. 2015 already.
Weapon self found. You can use any high as one hand weapon. Dont pay much on ele damage. The core is speed.
Shield : 15 chaos.
Total under 40 ex. If you already have 6L coil so the build cost no more than 10 ex.

You can link your self 5L coil. The dps still high enough.

For gem links:

Main attack:
5L : Static Strike - Blood magic - Multistrike - Life Leech - Weapon elemetal damage
6L : add faster attack / increased area of effect / ....

Aura:
Must have : Wrath , Anger , Heral of Thunder
Optional : depend on ur playstyle.

My aura set up : Wrath - Anger - HoT - Haste ( I have 75% lightning resistance when use lightning coil so I dont run Purity of Lightning)

I recommed you remove Haste to run Purity of Lightning if you cant manage lightning resistance.

New counter attack set:
Revenge + wep damage + life leech + (Increased aoe / concern / ...)

One set CwDT if possible.

Movement skill ( Blood magic + faster attack + whirling blade)

Offense: 6L give 28k DPS with Wrath - Anger - HoT - Haste// 30k+ with 3 frenzy / 21k for 5L
Spoiler

Defense: my gear provide 7500 eva - 41% chance - nearly immuned to ranged attack
Spoiler

For those who said my build dont work, pls look the picture.

With this set up, physical damage is not a problem. The thing to be aware is elemental damage replection. But with carefullness, every thing will be ok.

Hope this make sense to you. I cant wai to see new update.
StaticTemplar
Last edited by khacthien89 on Dec 14, 2014, 9:15:55 AM
Sorry, but this is not a good elemental build set up. Static strike won't scale your elemental damage, only your physical. The same goes for multistrike or melee splash, so by using those gems you're actually decreasing your possible damage by a significant amount. That said by not taking any phys damage nodes your basic static strike will do minimal damage and the explosion only has 70% of the added damage from auras.

If you want to do an aura focused static strike build you're much better offdoing something along the lines of this:
static strike > wep ele > faster attacks > increased aoe > added lightning/phys to lightning

If you just want to use static strike to proc elemental damage in general think about a cast on melee kill build:
static strike > increased aoe > CoMK > ice nova > rain of fire > ball lightning / life leech

Hate to say it, but your build as it is now will not scale well at all. That being said I think the best way to do a static strike build will be to just invest in phys damage.

Last edited by Hantastic on Dec 11, 2014, 1:51:00 PM
"
Static strike won't scale your elemental damage, only your physical.

Static Strike has 60% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage. It will scale.
"
Hantastic wrote:
Sorry, but this is not a good elemental build set up. Static strike won't scale your elemental damage, only your physical. The same goes for multistrike or melee splash, so by using those gems you're actually decreasing your possible damage by a significant amount. That said by not taking any phys damage nodes your basic static strike will do minimal damage and the explosion only has 70% of the added damage from auras.

If you want to do an aura focused static strike build you're much better offdoing something along the lines of this:
static strike > wep ele > faster attacks > increased aoe > added lightning/phys to lightning

If you just want to use static strike to proc elemental damage in general think about a cast on melee kill build:
static strike > increased aoe > CoMK > ice nova > rain of fire > ball lightning / life leech

Hate to say it, but your build as it is now will not scale well at all. That being said I think the best way to do a static strike build will be to just invest in phys damage.

Based on you profile, your highest character level is 71 so I think you may not an experienced player so you dont understand my build which is very popular.

I believe that you haven't play elemental cleave / reave / spectra throw before. My build is base on those build with archive 20k + dps easily with cheap gear.

Static strike - just like other attack skills, will apply lighting dame from Warth and herald of Thunder to the attack. Just like you do with elemental reave / cleave / Spectra throw....

I use multitrike not for the increase physical damage, but for the attack speed - core of any ele attack build.

You said the explosion only has 70% dame - RIGHT. But for any source of damage - it also 70%.
It does not means that you get 70% damage when you play ele and 100% when you play phys. Please clearify this point.

Have a look at this build - very popular one
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/92670

My build is base on this, but with improvement. With my passive on 1.3.0 you gain amazing resitance against physical damages. Ele dame migitations com from purity aura and life pool with good regen.

I used to play ele reave with 25k dps on 1.2 with lv 1 reave. The most important things people should known for ele build - the main damage come from aura - not your skill gem.
StaticTemplar
Last edited by khacthien89 on Dec 12, 2014, 1:02:39 AM
Upated full gear preparation.
StaticTemplar
so with this build, you leave ur static strike gem lvl 1? or am i wrong
"
Bloodcraze wrote:
so with this build, you leave ur static strike gem lvl 1? or am i wrong

It's depend on the gem when it is released. For reave / cleave I leave it at lv 1 and 20 quality cause leveling up only help for physical damage but will require more mana cost.

In general, if leveled the gem help for ele damage, then 20/20, else 1/20.
StaticTemplar
so. is it viable for hc? ;)
"
Dclean wrote:

It is, but with extremly attention or awareness. Let talk about common sistuations that we slain.

1. Replect : elemental replect will be pain, but why we have to run replect maps mod why we can avoid it? For replect Rare monsters , pay full attention + purity of Lighting + Topaz can cross the problem.

2. Huge physical damage : lightning coil + 8000 - 12000 armour ( base on gear) + CwDt set + Vengence

3. Spell / Elemental damage : Danger - with no spell block / spell dodge - damage reduction only come from resitances. Pls be careful

4. Corrupting blood : flask with remove bleeding.

5.Open box - then kaboom: I strongly recomended people identify boxes before open them. Pls SKIP any box that may slain you. For hardcore, there is no place for mistake.

6.... more and more
StaticTemplar
Last edited by khacthien89 on Dec 12, 2014, 11:20:52 AM
"
khacthien89 wrote:

Based on you profile, your highest character level is 71 so I think you may not an experienced player so you dont understand my build which is very popular.

Disregarding a comment because you looked at his profile and deem him to be ignorant. Cool.

"
khacthien89 wrote:
"
Dclean wrote:

It is, but with extremly attention or awareness. ...

I think you are a bit hasty giving HC advice without having even tested this build. One should prove a build before posting about it, something to back it up with other than delusion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info