[Petition] Nerf Discharge Graphics

I propose an efx replacement: Make the Discharge graphically simpler. That´s it. Same applies to any other effect that might be behaving that way.

Although the game client performs at smooth framerate, the Discharge skill promotes a terrible framerate spike. Even with lower graphic settings (to achieve 150+ fps), Discharge manages to produce micro-freezes on the screen. You'll notice that Public Parties are already segregating Discharge players with titles such as "75 map - No Lag/Discharge builds". It's not because Discharge affects low end PC's - it affect all PC's.

This change won't hurt the game, and will become an overall improvement for overall gaming (and life) quality of your player base.

Bump this thread if you agree.
Last edited by junaum on Dec 8, 2014, 11:44:53 AM
As a Mjölner player which seperated itself from any party play with randoms i agree that a discharge effect change has to happen but GGG should really know that by themself already
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Bump - love the play style and want to keep with it, but no one will play with me...
Bumping, because even though I have a high-end-ish PC, Discharge still makes my frames drop.
I love the looks of current Discharge, but if there is any way to lower the frame drops that it brings with it, I'm all for it.
IGN: Vexivian

Vexivian-Loot.filter
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405454
Last edited by Vexivian on Apr 3, 2015, 1:35:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info