SoulToTheHighestBidder - A death poll for the 3 month hardcore league (circa v1.3)

SoulToTheHighestBidder is now level 74, done with Piety runs (really really done), and about to begin maps. The remaining, unfinished quests are (still) Swig of Hope and Dominus, on Merciless difficulty.

Adventures

Spoiler
The journey from level 70 to 74 consisted of Kole, Piety, Kole, Piety, (ooh, something shiny!), bypassed Kole on the way to Lunaris 3 (whew!), Piety, (ooh, something shiny!), Kole, Piety, …

You get the picture.

Piety usually cooperated and fell over without causing a lot of trouble. But, she did get into her archer form and catch SttHB out in the open once, taking about 85% of her ES before I got her hidden behind a pillar. An on-hand sapphire flask proved its value on that Piety run. Also, a few of the “Herald of the Obelisk” packs on Lunaris 3 were so large that they were dangerous to maneuver around, in those narrow walkways. A couple of “Phylacteral Link” Tentacle Miscreation packs ended up being fairly dangerous, as well.

Masters ...Still doing dailies, with no changes in Master levels to report.

Basic Stats – resists are for Merciless difficulty
Spoiler
Life = 1
ES = 4703*
Mana = 1145

Armour = 727 (9%)
Evasion = 914 (14%)
Resistances = 75/75/76/100 (fire/cold/lite/chaos)^

* with the discipline aura running, which it always is
^ Resistances are 99/128/82 for fire/cold/lite, but are capped at the totals given above

The ES total is up noticeably from level 70, but physical resistance from armour has remained low.

Passives …

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAGyVLrukC34pr230YbRnZWyyc7IpTUkWdmuDr7riTzfp8gxEt-eiCxyj60_sNfFfJ2t2nCEVHMtGIQFqRqH1JsdfP-TfviJMntAzquv6zvYJXK5AzpqxqrKcrNbkRUBzc-oAqmNkLFVAdT35Zf8YnqfIev5fJPY9Gw21ca4RI99eboU25EJdEBMy8Xyp0VayYVmMV14auLL_BxarEhWAdFPrSH8creICkFy8ksEKjjHa3McAaZp4qU2KVsnA=

I just finished getting to the “Sovereignty” notable, to build up auras, and the “Influence” notable is up next (more auras).

With these and later investments in aura passives, I'm hoping to be able to run clarity, discipline, and a purity aura later in the game.

Gear …

Spoiler
I've been able to make a handful of helpful upgrades. The boots were a particularly helpful find that will hopefully help to carry SttHB until she has the gear needed to move to Boots of Ullr and to (finally) get a CWDT setup going.

Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Technically, SoulToTheHighestBidder died at level 75 to a Living Blood boss in a Crypt map. In fact, not paying close attention to the game, while answering questions from my wife, was the real cause of SttHB dying.

I was aiming to bring SttHB to a corner in the Crypt map and clear it out, to park her safely and go chat face to face in another room with my wife, who had just initiated a conversation. I didn't notice the presence of a Living Blood bloodlines pack of spiders and didn't notice for probably a couple of seconds that the boss spawned literally right next to SttHB. I tried to move SttHB away, but she had already been punctured by a ground slam. Downing the "staunching" flask didn't work out because as I was moving SttHB away another ground slam rippled through SttHB. The resurrect button appeared shortly after that.

If I had been paying better attention, then SttHB probably would have lived. If I had the planned-for CWDT-EC-Inc Dur-IC setup going, then she probably would have lived. If I had found and leveled Vaal discipline, then she probably could have lived. In the end, though, I lost her while working through a fair sized pool of level 66 maps, while still building up a pool of level 67 maps.

So far, level 66 maps has been my ceiling for leveling up characters. Hopefully, next time around I'll make it to higher than level 66 maps.

I feel like I learned a fair amount about summoners and game mechanics with SttHB and she was fun to play. I look forward to making an even better summoner, in the future.

dukediem was the winner of this death poll. I'll contact him soon and offer up to 8 of the following currency items found by SttHB, delivered to either the Bloodlines league or Standard league:

Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jan 14, 2015, 1:31:46 AM
I am simply... wow.
I replied to this, and promptly went on my merry way. I never win anything =D

I will happilly take some currency in Bloodlines =D
I shall do my best to add you to my friendslist, and snuggle up to you when I catch ya !

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info