SoulToTheHighestBidder - A death poll for the 3 month hardcore league (circa v1.3)

GL Mate!

Spoiler

At level 53
To cruel Dominus
Accountname: Silenciaco
I play both on Hardcore and Softcore, so if you need to contact me, add my account to friend list or request for my current ingame character name. Pming me is always the safest way to reach me.
Good luck, I hope I'm wrong

Spoiler

Level 2
Mud Flat normal
Charging Rhoas
Level 36 @ Dominus normal :D
Good luck with that, I'm sure it will be hard as hell ;)

Spoiler

Level 75
Dark Forest Map
Devourer rape
"

I don't have much gear on standard. But, in case the winner isn't a hardcore player, I have some currency items (chaos orbs, …) on standard.

Woah, woah, woah. I'm not amenable to this plan, as a pussy standard player, myself (my words, not yours, I'm definitely just too much of a pussy to play hardcore). I think if a standard player wins, you should
(1) create a character dedicated to retrieving the 8 best currency items your character finds
(2) get through twilight strand, retrieve them from stash
(3) RIP, transfer items to standard stash
(4) deliver the same promised goods to standard players as hardcore players

The reason this is superior to asking standard players to make a hardcore character to receive the reward and then have them RIP is that there is a minimum trading level. Presumably, you have RIP'd characters up to that level (and left at least one of them undeleted? Or at the least *this* character will still be undeleted), whereas leveling a hardcore character to 25 is terrifying for some of us pussies :P

"

Build plans and goals …
Spoiler
While leveling through normal and cruel difficulty, SoulToTheHighestBidder will be a hybrid life / energy shield summoner who relies mostly on raging skulls and zombies.

Spoiler

Level 18
Cavern of Anger, Normal
Merveil

Sorry, I know hardcore players are better than that, but with that build plan I couldn't resist :)
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 9, 2014, 8:43:59 AM
Spoiler
Level 57
Merciless Cavern of Anger
Merveil
Another quality ZAP! post.
GL and HF!
Spoiler
Lvl 44, the Weaver's chamber cruel, blue spider pack
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
... I think if a standard player wins, you should ... deliver the same promised goods to standard players as hardcore players

You raise a valid point. On reflection, I can easily bring the winner's currency items to standard. If a player who doesn't play hardcore wins, then I'll do that.

"
Wazz72 wrote:
GL and HF!
Spoiler
I hadn't previously thought about what bosses routinely have one or more magic packs show up as adds. This could be really dangerous because Weaver's Chambers is a small, dark space that gets very crowded. Plus, some of those Bloodline mods look positively deadly.

Thank you for the well wishes, all. :)
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Dec 10, 2014, 3:55:48 AM
"

"
Wazz72 wrote:
GL and HF!
Spoiler
I hadn't previously thought about what bosses routinely have one or more magic packs show up as adds. This could be really dangerous because Weaver's Chambers is a small, dark space that gets very crowded. Plus, some of those Bloodline mods look positively deadly.

Thank you for the well wishes, all. :)

Now you'll be extra cautious and most likely won't die... but I stand by my guess anyway!
( it was my very first death with my first char)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Dec 10, 2014, 4:28:20 PM
Level 90, Apex of Sacrifice, Trio (will happen during the last week of the league)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Dec 10, 2014, 9:39:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info