New Templar Start - Thoughts?

I love it. Even if you don't like the offensive start nodes (nothing can top 5% attack/4% cast speed from shadow) the defensive ones are pretty great, dual regen is a really smart move. Meanwhile life regen is abundant which with the better positioned ZO is real nice, as is faith and steel as an exit. I guess the 2 cut nodes from the old faith and steel were done so cause of ZO.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
To be honest, I still wouldn't start as a Templar, all builds I could come up with...other class does it better with a better starting point...heck even Marauder is in a better position now for my preferable "pathings".
"
Naixshel wrote:
To be honest, I still wouldn't start as a Templar, all builds I could come up with...other class does it better with a better starting point...heck even Marauder is in a better position now for my preferable "pathings".

My point exactly. I may take some of his starting area, but I'd never start as a Templar as it is now; it's simply better to go as Shadow/Witch as a Caster, or a Maruauder/Duelist (suck as they are) if you want to play an Attacker and use that area.

Great area, but piss-poor start.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 7, 2014, 3:05:54 PM
Melee damage nodes are spelled so that they might as well boost both elemental and physical melee attacks.

"Increased melee damage" not "Increased melee physical damage"
Which isn't that bad imo.

I made a thread about this but it went unnoticed.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Nodes are still shitty.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Mannoth wrote:
Melee damage nodes are spelled so that they might as well boost both elemental and physical melee attacks.

Color me unimpressed. Elemental builds want to use Spectral Throw and Auras, not Melee. Elemental Hit is yet unusable for most people, but maybe if it is after the patch notes, this would be a good start for that.

Otherwise, for stuff like Glacial Hammer / Lightning Strike, %Physical is just as good (assuming no crazy elemental flat damage on gear).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 7, 2014, 4:03:06 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:

Color me unimpressed. Elemental builds want to use Spectral Throw and Auras, not Melee. Elemental Hit is yet unusable for most people, but maybe if it is after the patch notes, this would be a good start for that.

Otherwise, for stuff like Glacial Hammer / Lightning Strike, %Physical is just as good (assuming no crazy elemental flat damage on gear).

spectral throw is melee afaik

edit: Wiki is completely useless

edit 2: Yep completely useless, does not specify if melee nodes apply to it, I allways understood the melee gem's didnt work, but for some reason I assumed the nodes just worked because melee weapon.
Last edited by Waffl3x on Dec 7, 2014, 4:25:40 PM
Well i for one like the templar start, not the best start but good enough for me to play him again.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
My EB Life Incinerator Templar build and my ES RF Templar build does not mind the new starting point.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

The three 10% spelldamage nodes after the ele damage start should also be ele damage nodes.

Templar is str/int class -> fire stuff is int/str based -> fire wants to burn -> burn wants ele nodes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info