New Templar Start - Thoughts?

So far, ANY build I could think of, was better off as a Witch or a Shadow. The new Templar area is fantastic, but there's simply no reason to START as a Templar, especially since you HAVE to pass through 3 x 10% Spell Damage passives (those should be like 12% to not suck, or just 4% Cast Speed, or perhaps have the middle one add something like 5% to inflict Elemental Status Effect and be more than 10%).

As for the other starting path? Junk.
My suggestion? That +14/14 passive becomes a 5%/5% like the one after it, or even just adding +40% Mana Regen to the 14/14 passive. That would make it a good start.

[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 7, 2014, 12:20:25 PM
Templar start is godlike for elemental, everything else? You can do it, exiting is just a little awkward.

I honestly think if elemental has any significant buffs ele templar is going to be godlike in pvp.

Edit: What 14/14 do you speak of?

Edit again: Ah the starting node, I dont really care, I would start the other route most days probably.
Last edited by Waffl3x on Dec 7, 2014, 12:21:53 PM
"
Waffl3x wrote:
Templar start is godlike for elemental, everything else? You can do it, exiting is just a little awkward.

I honestly think if elemental has any significant buffs ele templar is going to be godlike in pvp.

Not denying it's good, but please show me a build where you're not better off starting as a Shadow or a Witch and then heading over there and grabbing the goodies? For a start to be good, both paths need to be of use, or it needs to have a DISTINCT niche, like Shadow does for EK.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 7, 2014, 12:22:17 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Waffl3x wrote:

Not denying it's good, but please show me a build where you're not better off starting as a Shadow or a Witch and then heading over there and grabbing the goodies?

I just said pvp...
I think shadow and witch are probably trash for pvp, but thats just a quick look, I would need to think about it more to know for sure.

As for pve, I still think templar is better to start, with a build suited to it he can exit really easily.
Templar has gotten worse for phys builds. So much good stuff behind elemental nodes (the AoE cluster). Weird pathing for life nodes (again, ele nodes are the culprit). I don't like it too much.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I really hope they change the bottom path of templar start, hp into es? smart
I dont think templar is extremely good for physical, and its worthless to start as a ranged character.
For phys you have to path out weird, for ele its a breeze.
"
Etherfire wrote:
Templar has gotten worse for phys builds. So much good stuff behind elemental nodes (the AoE cluster). Weird pathing for life nodes (again, ele nodes are the culprit). I don't like it too much.

I also don't like it too much, but keep in mind that with Herald of Ash, Hatred and Added Fire, many physical builds end up with more elemental DpS than physical.
So those elemental nodes are not wasted, especially when they are your only "increased" damage source for Herald of Ash, Hatred and Added Fire.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I take it back, templar start is awful for phys.
I like new location of AoE passives. Other classes have much better access to them now
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:

I also don't like it too much, but keep in mind that with Herald of Ash, Hatred and Added Fire, many physical builds end up with more elemental DpS than physical.
So those elemental nodes are not wasted, especially when they are your only "increased" damage source for Herald of Ash, Hatred and Added Fire.

True enough, especially with the doryani builds that love that area.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info