Nerf to accuracy?

Each 5% of critical strike chances drop Accuracy by a flat amount of 13.5
Each 1.25% of critical strike multiplier drops Accuracy by 0.5%

Just kidding.
One of my builds that is on the right side of tree is not specced into crit, and is really far away from RT will suffer from this. I only got like 73-75% chance to hit. Nerfing it more will dip me under 70% which becomes a territory of me being partially blinded all the time. :\
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Waffl3x wrote:

Accuracy is basically tied in to crit.

In fact it is the other way around crit is tied to accuracy. And believe it or not there are builds out there that use accuracy without being true crit builds.
Edit: I see, while I was writing John already told ya.

"

Low caps are a really bad mechanic, I can't think of why exactly right now. (...) Go ahead and say it's an excuse, I'm happy to come back tomorrow and tell you why it's a bad idea.

I'm still here tomorrow! :)

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Dec 7, 2014, 3:59:56 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
One of my builds that is on the right side of tree is not specced into crit, and is really far away from RT will suffer from this. I only got like 73-75% chance to hit. Nerfing it more will dip me under 70% which becomes a territory of me being partially blinded all the time. :\

It's something I have considered, I don't know how accuracy should be nerfed specifically, maybe have certain crit nodes reduce it who knows.
I need to see this tree though, I can't think of a reason you cant get to RT, and if you cant, you are not investing in enough accuracy nodes.

Also how do you know nerfing accuracy would dip you under 70? what if they made it reduce on crit nodes?

And you might want to speak up a little more about the non crit no RT builds, because people are always whining "buff RT." and it's really ridiculous because the node is super good already, just need to find other ways of buffing non crit.

Btw, I don't know why I didn't mention this before. If they nerf crit, that doesn't mean your build magically gets better, it will still not be able to clear if it's not able to clear.
"
Waffl3x wrote:

It's something I have considered, I don't know how accuracy should be nerfed specifically, maybe have certain crit nodes reduce it who knows.
I need to see this tree though, I can't think of a reason you cant get to RT, and if you cant, you are not investing in enough accuracy nodes.

Also how do you know nerfing accuracy would dip you under 70? what if they made it reduce on crit nodes?

And you might want to speak up a little more about the non crit no RT builds, because people are always whining "buff RT." and it's really ridiculous because the node is super good already, just need to find other ways of buffing non crit.

Btw, I don't know why I didn't mention this before. If they nerf crit, that doesn't mean your build magically gets better, it will still not be able to clear if it's not able to clear.

This is my gears

This is my tree

I mostly focused on life and mana to improve my defense, and sustain my skill with mana. I did allocate into damage nodes, but there is not enough accuracy in them, especially flat ones too. As for I would I know I would dip under 70%, well, I do not got enough accuracy to begin with.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 7, 2014, 4:27:11 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Waffl3x wrote:

This is my gears

This is my tree

I mostly focused on life and mana to improve my defense, and sustain my skill with mana. I did allocate into damage nodes, but there is not enough accuracy in them, especially flat ones too. As for I would I know I would dip under 70%, well, I do not got enough accuracy to begin with.

Oh there are so many things wrong with this build.

However even if I fixed them all for you you still wouldnt make RT, my reaction when you're doing a claw build and thats my only build that is not crit and does not get RT.

With your permission I can pick apart your build and tell you all the things you did wrong, in my opinion of course.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Waffl3x wrote:

This is my gears

This is my tree

Omg, dat Maelström Hunger... Gief!

Been looking for +15 life on hit claw for some weirdo niche project. Been trying to craft one myself with the multimod crafting but can't hit a decent regal.
Spoiler
that's actually ferocity, emperors and t2 ias. Just dunno what to do with it now, cba to et-yolo exa it and multimod would leave me wit bad crit chance.

Both iLvl 80, just trying to get a decent regal with flat phys or alt high increased phys%

On topic : Nah, accuracy scaling already gets pretty rough at higher levels.
"
Waffl3x wrote:

Oh there are so many things wrong with this build.

However even if I fixed them all for you you still wouldnt make RT, my reaction when you're doing a claw build and thats my only build that is not crit and does not get RT.

With your permission I can pick apart your build and tell you all the things you did wrong, in my opinion of course.

The only thing that is saving me from low accuracy is having very high attack speed, though not as high as compare to those low-life flicker builds. Offensively, I got a good clear speed until like lvl 74-75 maps (with the exception of those crazy bosses, then again, most of my builds avoid them too). I rarely die, the only time I do is to those high spike damage that appear once in a blue moon, or unless I fight those crazy bosses like jungle valley/torture chamber ones.

I know you can improve my build, but that is never my intention. I am very happy with this character. The only glaring issue it has is accuracy, and for the most part, it is covered by attack speed.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 7, 2014, 4:43:37 PM
"
Grughal wrote:
On topic : Nah, accuracy scaling already gets pretty rough at higher levels

That's true, but how else do you nerf crit for attacks and preserve it for spells?
Before I talk about changing accuracy, a few things about the 'ermagerd nurf crit plz' stuff:

1.) I personally do not think that crit in its current state is extremely overpowered. Crit is fun, for one thing, and I'm not sure why people are complaining about it. The best damage in any game of this type should be critical based; that's the entire point of criticals: more damage.

That said, some of the top DPS builds (I'm looking at Rainbownuke and related Mjolner builds in particular) are not crit.

2.) It's really Acuity's that make crit insane at the higher levels, due to their instant leech, as the largest weakness of any crit build is reflect.

Other reflect mitigation concepts apply here to a lesser extent.

Now on to the topic at hand.

Nerfing accuracy is not the solution to this problem. Most non-RT builds must invest in one or two entire accuracy clusters (at higher levels) to keep hit chance above 85%. It's not a good idea to force every non crit attacking build to go the the extreme left of the tree just to be able to hit consistently.

If you really want to balance crit in the PvE environment, it needs to be less safe. To do this, there's several things GGG can do:

1.) Buff reflect. (This one makes me quiver already)
2.) Weaken mechanisms players use to mitigate reflect. Current methods include:
-Block/Spell Block
-Acrobatics/Phase Acro
-Ondar's Guile (for attack projectile users)
-Mind over Matter and AA
-CWDT + EC + IC combo
-Instant leech (acuity's, vaal pact, or bloodseeker)

Of these, GGG's current tree release seems to indicate block and acrobatics being nerfed.

These are things that GGG could do to 'nerf' crit without actually changing current crit mechanisms.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info