My attempt at remaking the WoE-BoR

"
Etherfire wrote:

Well that's nice and all, but it isn't a wings of entropy build. And I want to build around WoE. For sheer cost effectiveness, there are still very few things that beat it.

You speak of better 1h weapons. That means buying two 350pdps weapons, each of which costs as much as the entire build. Remember, WoE is basically two 300pdps axes for a maximum of say 20 chaos (for max roll). A single 300pdps axe will cost at least an exalt.

I may be wrong, but most WoE builds I encountered did far less damage than my builds with 270-320 DpS Swords. Maybe swords are just better weapons overall, don't know, but again, this would speak against WoE.

But I understand, you want WoE. Ok. ;)

"
didn't the one hand clusters get replaced by the shield damage clusters?

Only in Duelist.
There's still a couple 1h clusters (like Studious Combatant below Scion or Fencing between Duelist and Ranger) and a lot of nodes in starting areas (Marauder, Ranger, Shadow).
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:

Well that's nice and all, but it isn't a wings of entropy build. And I want to build around WoE. For sheer cost effectiveness, there are still very few things that beat it.

You speak of better 1h weapons. That means buying two 350pdps weapons, each of which costs as much as the entire build. Remember, WoE is basically two 300pdps axes for a maximum of say 20 chaos (for max roll). A single 300pdps axe will cost at least an exalt.

I may be wrong, but most WoE builds I encountered did far less damage than my builds with 270-320 DpS Swords. Maybe swords are just better weapons overall, don't know, but again, this would speak against WoE.

But I understand, you want WoE. Ok. ;)

Actually, most WoE builds never took advantage of the potential damage they could have. First of all, they used dual strike. Second, they used a blood magic gem with that dual strike.

Finally, the weirdest decision, they barely took any damage nodes. Wrecking ball, which was the best 2h cluster in 1.2, was available without any extra points spent, yet barely of the builds took it. Same with other stuff like hatchet mastery or fell the weak.

When you make gear and tree choices like that, you shouldn't expect any more than 20k dps. With my variant,i got like 25k cyclone, or 50k on cleave. On top of that I was still missing a lot of damage nodes due to my character not being level 92.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
BoR WoE got killed off its just not what it used to be, no acrobatics no spell dodge and no maxblock /spellblock this was really the core aspect of the otherwiese relativley low dps build
I never took acrobatics or phase. Also, we still get more bock than most shield builds and dps is likely to be higher. It's most certainly not dead.

This is a buff
Okay I just read the patch notes. Goodbye to WOE BOR build forever, you will be missed.

Fucking RIP.
Oh well, let's see if I can sell my perfect legacy WoE for some moneyz now.

This is a buff
Lol I wonder who would buy. Then again, those counter gems could be the saviour to justify all these nerfs.
well does patch notes change anything else to the build except the items nerf? i guess it can be viable with the legacy items
"
xaikman wrote:
well does patch notes change anything else to the build except the items nerf? i guess it can be viable with the legacy items

Dude, you obviously have never tried a WOE BOR duelist before...
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
xaikman wrote:

Dude, you obviously have never tried a WOE BOR duelist before...

I am playing one right now actually, but i would like to hear what else got nerfed except the block chance which we can get up to about 50% with legacy items. I'm not saying that it will be as good as it was but I ll give it a try and then decide. 50% is not small chance after all, it can be viable. In the other hand maybe I'm missing something here. Feel free to enlighten me :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info