My attempt at remaking the WoE-BoR

I really dont like the pathing from below the marauder, for a few reasons, you get less life, way less regen(blood rage), no chaos res, no profane chemistry, etc.

Since everyone here seems willing to give up lots of damage for 7-8% block, I made a new tree for those of you that want more block. Ranger is best for this one.

Similar life(204%), 8% increased block, way less damage, less regen.
Max block is not possible and getting more block than this will mean giving up too much damage to ever kill anything.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

well it really depends on the league you play or how willing you are to sacrifise some dps for defence or the other way. In this ranger build i would drop thickskin and quickstep cluster and the 2 nodes for enduring charges and i would get cleaving and executioner. That leaves me with 192% life(good enough for me) and much more dps. With things as they are now this build can be a bit versalite on dps/defence depending on everyone needs. I still need to test it with the block nerf vs my old capped block/spellblock one. Keep the discussion coming, this is my favorite build so far!
That's the original build I posted in the OP. It takes all the damage nodes, including cleaving and executioner. I saw that people were posting suggestions with more block, so I figured that's what they wanted and made a tree to suit that.

When the patch hits and I get some testing done, I will be updating my guide with 2 versions, a higher survivabiity and higher dps version.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
When the patch hits and I get some testing done, I will be updating my guide with 2 versions, a higher survivabiity and higher dps version.

Where can I find your guide? Might come in handy after the patch is released.
Duelist forums ofc ;).

If you can't find it since it's not really at the top of the page then it's also linked in ogrec's guide, the original WoE BoR build. He won't be updating his guide anymore though he did help with the skill tree a bit.

This is a buff
hi guys, do you have new tree for mara char (woe + bor) ?
IGN: Imoenpl, nieuczdziadajakcharchac
my first POEvid "Hybrid Wander and Atziri fight" http://youtu.be/0e-ffI2cOfY

That's my gear, the question is? Get IR or not? and why?
It's all a matter of choice. I don't like IR and it does take extra points to reach. Thing is, it's very difficult to get a high enough amount of evasion on gear to justify it. Now if you plan to run grace, then you might do it, but even then I think evasion would be better, especially now that block is lower.

This is a buff
Wasn't there just three reasons to go for WoE?
1. it's cheap (doesn't matter to everybody)
2. it has 10% block, 25% spellblock
3. combined with lazhwar and rainbowstrides, block=spellblock

(being able to take axe, twohanded and dualwield nodes isn't really an advantage over being able to take weapon xyz, onehanded and dualwield nodes, I'd say)

With 15 base + 15 BOR + 10 WoE + 10 (?) tree, you now have around 50% block/spellblock.

Now how about...
Use higher DpS 1h weapons, a 6L chest, a DpS amulet, atziri boots, and phase acrobatics.
You now have 40% dodge/spelldodge. For 5 passive points.

The rest can be spent to your heart's desire.
For more damage. And more life. And more evasion/armor. Better weapons than Axes. Maybe even Crit.
And you still have a bit of block for free.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 10, 2014, 10:19:17 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Wasn't there just three reasons to go for WoE?
1. it's cheap (doesn't matter to everybody)
2. it has 10% block, 25% spellblock
3. combined with lazhwar and rainbowstrides, block=spellblock

(being able to take axe, twohanded and dualwield nodes isn't really an advantage over being able to take weapon xyz, onehanded and dualwield nodes, I'd say)

With 15 base + 15 BOR + 10 WoE + 10 (?) tree, you now have around 50% block/spellblock.

Now how about...
Use higher DpS 1h weapons, a 6L chest, a DpS amulet, atziri boots, and phase acrobatics.
You now have 40% dodge/spelldodge. For 5 passive points.

The rest can be spent to your heart's desire.
For more damage. And more life. And more evasion/armor. Better weapons than Axes. Maybe even Crit.
And you still have a bit of block for free.

Well that's nice and all, but it isn't a wings of entropy build. And I want to build around WoE. For sheer cost effectiveness, there are still very few things that beat it.

You speak of better 1h weapons. That means buying two 350pdps weapons, each of which costs as much as the entire build. Remember, WoE is basically two 300pdps axes for a maximum of say 20 chaos (for max roll). A single 300pdps axe will cost at least an exalt.

I may be wrong, but didn't the one hand clusters get replaced by the shield damage clusters?

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info