My attempt at remaking the WoE-BoR

Here you go:

Max block is no longer possible. However, there are lot more damage passives than before. I also took endurance charges, which due to BoR, are up a lot of the time. A low level CwDT makes them constant. We still have 47% block and spell block which is still seriously high.

Your thoughts? Feedback is appreciated.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Dec 7, 2014, 5:14:57 AM
Doesn't look bad. Probably low DPS, but who cares.

Why no RT? Why no IR?
Last edited by delray on Dec 7, 2014, 4:55:23 AM
I really hope they didn't kill block without a plan.
Also armor might be the way to go now despite not doing anything for spells.

edit: that moment when you're too tired to remember that shield nodes don't do anything for WoE.
Last edited by Waffl3x on Dec 7, 2014, 5:02:48 AM
Sorry, the no RT was me being an idiot. Fell out of habit. Been theorycrafting a lot of crit builds these days. Also, I expect the dps to go higher, to maybe even 70-80k cleave as compared to 50-60k that we get nowadays.

IR is possible and easy enough to adjust if you want to. However its going to impossible to get any amount of armor or evasion on gear to make IR worth it. This build utilizes so many uniques to make it work, and getting decent armor/evasion will likely require mirror level gear and even then the gain is low.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Dec 7, 2014, 5:20:22 AM
I honestly do not think this will even work. The current WOE BOR build has 75% for both spell and physical block as well as acrobatics and stuff but fair enough 78 maps still grant quite a chance of dying for most WOE BOR builds

The only exception to this if the player has GG rings and gloves which are the only non unique items a WOE BOR duelist gets to wear. In addition our damage is not as high as those dagger builds. In fact we are capped at 60K with the average for most being 45K. Technically I do not see any future for this build in terms of both dps and surviviability.
A little variation to get more melee damage and life regen at the cost of chaos res: link
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I honestly do not think this will even work. The current WOE BOR build has 75% for both spell and physical block as well as acrobatics and stuff but fair enough 78 maps still grant quite a chance of dying for most WOE BOR builds

The only exception to this if the player has GG rings and gloves which are the only non unique items a WOE BOR duelist gets to wear. In addition our damage is not as high as those dagger builds. In fact we are capped at 60K with the average for most being 45K. Technically I do not see any future for this build in terms of both dps and surviviability.

I don't know why you are comparing with dagger builds. Also, acrobatics was a choice that very few made, even in 1.2.I also don't get what you mean by dying with this build. The only time I ever die is due to desync or lag.

This is a buff
"
A little variation to get more melee damage and life regen at the cost of chaos res: link

Very viable idea, I thought about that too. However, the extra life regen only provides the blood rate mitigation that we already get from chaos res, but chaos res has better utility as it also mitigates other sources of chaos damage. The increased melee damage is negligible.
All in all, it's your choice which route you want.

The more interesting idea is that with the new templar regen nodes, the unrelenting cluster, dynamo along with maybe shaper and mana flows you would become a life and mana regen monster and also run cyclone on mana.

This is a buff
I'm seriously hoping that GGG provide other viable ways of increasing block, and perhaps increase base block chance. My Bringer of Entropy was my first character capable of soloing maps above 66, my first to hit 10k+ DPS, and my first to have decent survivability. And better yet, I designed the tree for him myself! (Yeah there's heaps of builds out there, but I like designing my own builds).

My two pre-1.3 build ideas:
Endurance charges, Unwavering Stance, higher damage
Higher block, higher attack speed

The first build needs 24% additional block to reach the cap, the second needs 20%.
I actually find Scion to be more efficient for this build with the tree as it is now.
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAT1azP768Ht_aYpSg2E356Gh0fNn3MnKpxPY8Lcautz5BhxNMJvgX4U4ywaP46-oYWf4wd-JhZFLjahZv-tJmnsAaWfOsqjbpJKqQVRo4gpvsOCcvaPKvbEz_ogDwH8BmBLNqAZe0Van-VA3NK1Aczj0PNZLYvf4KpldN4_6P8kU64WxGqW618jIJcmxngKgHbbSkOdCBR-Ii4hUgKk0_J0rIbqpl8HVOpo0s6dN-73r2o6-n_rp9dZVmA4fv4xutvqcZtMrTZU2E2Ud-vTZjcGBBCC7tgxmOAF6bjQ==

The plan is for woe/bor using cleave,and also IR.I find it superior to duelist in almost everything. maybe again I'm wrong :). Tommorow we will have some more duelist changes so I'll have another look. Any sggestions on my tree?
Last edited by xaikman on Dec 8, 2014, 3:32:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info