Pure Energy Shield Build

This is the current build I'm looking at, its an adaptation after open beta was released and they took away chaos inoculations massive energy shield buff. I really have no idea what I'm going for other then massive amounts of energy shield so any advice would be nice, also if the build is a total mess please tell me. I would rather you be blunt about it rather then to try and fix it if its unfix able.
Last edited by sendokami on Feb 7, 2013, 6:41:59 AM
Seems to be really, REAAAALLY defensive... You picked almost no offensive nodes. You even streched very far to gain even more Energy shield...

I am not exactly sure you will kill things later on.
DIVA
you have to first decide what skills you will use and then you can plan your build.

judging from all those 1 handed nodes and the lighting damage that you will go for lighting strike correct?

if so then i suggest you scrap the shadow part of your build and go below towards the life regen nodes of marauder.

something like that probably:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAW8CcQQHBLMFWxFQGS4abBzcHRQfAiNNJ-0oxSlPKw0spiy_LR8yiTQKNsU3ZjeDO-E8jkA2Q2NEckbXTDVMs03YT31USVfJV-JY9VnzXz9mnme9bRlwfXFNdhF35X6vfuJ_xoBWgW-Cm4RIhMSFxYt6i4yMdo0Zj0aTJ5rPm6Gdrp3Enjyio6brpwinK6mVrKq0-bcxuJO53bvWwBrBxcHzw23Q0NSP2CTZX92M3rDgEuFz4vfjguQi5OzmTOZ85wvnUuq66-7sGOw47SDub-8O8B_yL_O-8933wfrS

it gives you enough strength to use lighting strike for one, it also loses 30% lighitng elemental damage for a +25% general lighting damage
it also gains a fair amount of +physical (that applies to both physical and the elemental part of lightng strike) from strength.

you also gain another (net gain of) +35% all resists and another +5% max resists and with that amount it will be really easy to cap all 3 to 80% and end up as a much more effective ES. as well as another 3%block chance and some more ES from shield

you also gain another 1.5% max ES regen/sec which more than doubles your current 1%

since you will be using lighting strike i added a passive chance to shock with it since you don't have high crit either way for even more damage boost.

i picked up CI because with the amount of ES you have, as well as ES regen the pros (chaos immunity, free frenzy charges) outweight the cons (a little bit of life since you have almost 0 life nodes and you wont focus on health on armor)

"
sendokami wrote:

This is the current build I'm looking at, its an adaptation after open beta was released and they took away chaos inoculations massive energy shield buff. I really have no idea what I'm going for other then massive amounts of energy shield so any advice would be nice, also if the build is a total mess please tell me. I would rather you be blunt about it rather then to try and fix it if its unfix able.

if you are going pure ES and ghost reaver you are better getting chaos inoculation and then replacing those life nodes with something else like more block nodes or + elemental dmg.

i would olso suggest you to take the shield nodes that are next to the second body and soul: +30% to all ressist + 8 block chance + chance to block spells even if it gives armor is something quite good specialy if you are going tempest shield wich should work fine for this kind of builds.

all in all is not a build i think will work, you will be very tanky but lack physical dmg to use ghost reaver

on a side note i am working on a similar akward templar build using staff as main weapon:

both body and soul nodes + some more energy shield nodes
ci and ghost reaver
craploads of critical nodes to leech as much ES as posible

so far i am slowly doing cruel act 1 since the build has lots of dmg but the moment 3-4 creatures soround me i am dead, guess it will be like that till i get ghost reaver and then CI.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info