Freezing Pulse not viable anymore?

I've seen it in a few vids and it seemed to work really well but they were a year or a couple years ago and I've been trying to use it and I just noticed the farther the monster is the weaker it hits, and with the support gems I know of, I'm not really how how this skill could be made viable with Greater Multiple Projectiles.

Did it get a big nerf or something?

Thanks.
that is the nature of FP. you have to get closer to get more damage.

to increase range, get faster projectiles. FP works best with GMP + crit
I need more purple titles
I think it's main problem is damage reduction with distance, as spell casters usually don't like melee combat.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Freeze Pulser works just very fine and has great Clearspeed at all. Maybe u looked false, try

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1049189

or

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1079874

As i leveled my Freeze Pulser i recordniced that % on FP Gem is very important in Case of Reach and also used an faster Proje Gem. Later in 60-70 i switched to Increased Critical Damage for faster Proje Gem because of big Dam also in wide Range.
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
For reference, this mechanic has always been part of Freezing Pulse's design - those videos from years ago also suffered a Damage penalty at range. :)
Self-casters got buffs upon buffs over the recent patches (Echo, Heralds) so it's more viable than ever. I swap between FP and Ice Spear a lot, both have their pros and cons. FP does more damage at close range, it's easier to maintain power charges with HoL; IS is better for sniping, safer, and lets me perma-run Divination.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I like it.

It's very powerful when I shotgun bosses right in the face (being able to shotgun is one of more important parts of a spell). Adding vaal haste and atziri flask I kill Dominus 1st form in like 4 hits, 2nd form in 10.

I like how it can freeze a whole huge group of mobs that spawn from a strongbox (ice spear, arctic breath cannot "cover" entire groups, they crash at the first row of mobs they hit).

And my links aren't that good to begin with:

Yea, DPS from afar is mostly "tingling bosses", but when they get closer, they get shotgunned 5 times with 700% crit multi... Works for me.
cold to fire gem, crit, castspeed, aa, eb and u do insane dmg and never die to reflect, played it last league
Viable, just a different kind of gameplay.

In rampage i ran a hybrid witch with FP and the following setup:

6L infernal mantle, Pyre:
Freezing Pulse - GMP - Life Leech - Inc. Crit Damage - Cold to Fire - Echo

Which had really decent clear speed and was tanky (3.2k life, 4.8k es), using ghost reaver for ES and pots for life.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
I'm playing CoC FP atm and it's great.
Almost 200% increased projectile speed and it's range is solid.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info