What is the XP Difference Between Maps?

Hi there.

So I've been leveling my new archer, which is now level 71. Since I had gotten good gear for hear, I feel like I am ready taking on high map levels.

I know there is an XP penalty for playing in a map apx. +-7 from your level - my query is not regarding that, but rather - what is the difference in the XP gain for each map level?

There is a wiki page for XP gain for maps for the campaign - but not for Maps 66+.

I was wondering - how much more XP lvl 71 map yields than level 70 map?

If I play with my level 70 archer on both - I will get no penalty. But how much more XP I will get playing on the lvl 71 map?

I searched all around the site and wiki and found no answer on how much average XP more should I expect playing on higher level maps, considering there is no penalty.

Thanks for your educated answers. :>
its pretty random, you can even gain more exp from a map with -2 levels to the map your going to compare to, as long your char is between 70ish and 80ish and running 66 to 70-72 maps
its all about the rolls and the kind of a map and also really hard to figure out on the low levels
on the higer levels 90+ you can count the % your gaining from every 78 rotation.
sorry wasnt able to answer your question, but its really not doable to count the exp of a map and to say a lvl 70 map is giving you 5% less xp then a lvl 71
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam
Last edited by baumpaul on Dec 6, 2014, 8:21:00 PM
Well, I just did a fullclear Plateau Level 75 Map, as a level 71 it gave me +29% to XP.
Then I did a fullclear Mud Flats Level 68 Map. It gave me 26% to XP.

Neither map had any +XP affecting mods (like Pack size, rare or magic)

One would expect 7 levels of difference of map there would be notable XP gain difference. Those 3% make me wonder if there is any difference at all, and I should farm low level maps (to be cost effective) until I reach the penalty zone (7+ levels).
even if your running the same map like "maze" lvl 74 twice you will gain different xp cause of random packs, random pack positions( the packs placed near a wall are smaller) random inhibited monsters and so on... as i said no chance for gaining usfull datas for any statistic

also look here a sample : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_Experience

compare the xp: The Ledge 53 Ancient Archer 7588 26558 41734

to : The Solaris Temple Level 2 62 Assault Ribbon 6243 21850 34336

9 level difference and you know there are a lot of the ribbons on this area ;)

Last edited by baumpaul on Dec 6, 2014, 8:52:06 PM
Kinda depressing no1 knows the answer to my question though.
"
Blizzard wrote:

The xp difference is higher level on average gives more xp, there is no other answer. The randomize due to random monsters + map mods change how much xp you can get.
http://pathofexilebuilds.com/exppenaltycalc.php

This web is the answer you needfor the exact % penalty, other than that... u have to understand not every 75 map has the same mobs / density, getting the "humanoids" affix helps on that also (as there are no summoned humanoides like there is whit undeads or siren broodlings). If you can sacrifice some currency aiming for exp, get affixes like extra rare-magic monsters, extra pack size, those really mean something
"
Blizzard wrote:

i gave you the facts, there is no way to answer your question, just in general if your running a LOT of maps higher levels are giving you more xp

Last edited by baumpaul on Dec 7, 2014, 6:23:55 AM
As I previously stated, I am well aware of the XP penalty because of level difference between the map and the player. Also, as logic would suggest, it's also quite clear that more magic\rare monsters and monster density affect overall XP gained in a map.
As stated, however, these answers are already known to me and not why I came to post here.

I will try to rephrase my question so it will become more clear. If nobody knows, a GGG member answering this would be very appreciated since this information is nowhere to be found.

Does anybody know how much more XP a monster in level 75 map in comparison to the same monsters in, say, a level 68 map?

For instance, a Goatman will give 100 XP at a level 68 map. How much XP will the Goatman yield in a level 75 map? The same? More? if more, how much more?

then you just have to kill one on the level 68 map with in perfect case lvl 68 char, the same on the lvl 75, sorry dont have any chars in this range

GGG is for sure not going to spoil informations like this, the game is all bout discovering the stuff like this by yourself ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info