Will there be any reward for being in the top 10 on the ladder at the end of this patch?

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I don't think there should be, mostly because we're supposed to be testing the game, not grinding for bragging rights. I still stand to my previous statements in other threads that playing to level 75 against level 58 enemies doesn't provide a whole lot of useful feedback towards bug fixing or game balancing. Rewarding "testers" for grinding the same thing for days (weeks?), when they could have been playing other classes/characters through the appropriately-leveled content to provide useful feedback, gives a bad impression of what beta testing is supposed to be.

I agree with this^^
Basically you are rewarding people who were lucky to enough to receive a beta-key early in the CB process over others who recently joined the CB testing.

"
Deathtiny2266 wrote:
Still would not vote for any reward until GGG would come up with this before a ladder starts. And even than they should do it per class so everyone can compete even if some classes are "fotm" and others have a much harder time.

I like this idea. Maybe a title awarded to each class winner of the ladder race.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof."

-Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by mdavis588 on Oct 28, 2011, 8:31:59 PM
I think if there is a reward for the beta ladder, maybe a spare key or two, nothing big so people will further complain about.

Hope someone from GGG can comment with an actual answer to your question soon.

Plus with the lack of people playing before 9.3 , maybe some sort of prize to be given out will bring people back. Which leads to more people playing, spotting bugs., so on so forth... Still would only be a +, not saying they should grant a prize, just showing you that more positive can come from it.
Last edited by OminancE on Oct 28, 2011, 7:17:02 PM
"
OminancE wrote:
I think if there is a reward for the beta ladder, maybe a spare key or two, nothing big so people will further complain about.

Hope someone from GGG can comment with an actual answer to your question soon.

Plus with the lack of people playing before 9.3 , maybe some sort of prize to be given out will bring people back. Which leads to more people playing, spotting bugs., so on so forth... Still would only be a +, not saying they should grant a prize, just showing you that more positive can come from it.

Yeah I know what you mean I was hoping if anything it would be something minor like "top 10 people on the ladder get a spare beta key" thats would be nice and it would insure people who are spending a lot of time in game have the chance to invite someone else they would like to play with.

I wasnt hoping for a new car or some shit like that.
Softcore(default) A quiet night at home with some lotion and some internet p0rn.

Hardcore a series of wild one night stands with any hot trashy girl you can find(no protection!)

One is safe and boring the other is adrenaline filled and exciting and might kill you!

Dont be safe and boring.
"
Deathtiny2266 wrote:

while that´s right you don´t want to have testers that play every class up to lvl 20 and go inactive either.

As is, I believe every type of tester is, and should be welcome... as for the point of Whiteboy, I tend to agree that "we" shouldn't reinforce the behavior he cited either.
Anyway, I will now finish reading your comment.
xD
Patience is a virtue.
"
Nazaxprime wrote:
"
Deathtiny2266 wrote:

while that´s right you don´t want to have testers that play every class up to lvl 20 and go inactive either.

As is, I believe every type of tester is, and should be welcome... as for the point of Whiteboy, I tend to agree that "we" shouldn't reinforce the behavior he cited either.
Anyway, I will now finish reading your comment.
xD

you must have digged deep to find this thread ;)

And .95 had rewards for all 1st in class lvl 70 chars soft/hardcore.

Anyway have fun reading ^^
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
I think being in the closed beta when there are so many people that want in is a pretty good reward - regardless of how you are ranked. Plus you are more prepared to do better when it launches based on your experience.
i think it would be cool if they made a post of the top 50 players and their total hours played (tested).

i cant be bothered to grind mobs 10-15 lvls below me so i have no chance at that ladder anymore :p but i can still put in hours testing :D
~SotW HC Guild~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info