LFHelp - Tanky Templar.

I only started playing recently and my first charracter is my Templar, i tried making it Tanky but i've seemed to've failed miserabley so far either that or i really need to pump up my levels a bit more before he gets good(??). - I'l post the skill-path i went through a bit later as the computer i'm currentley on doesnt actually have PoE installed.

I was wondering if annyone can give me some hints on a good Tanky Templar build. Prefferabley Shield/Mace. also;

1. What skill-paths should i go down? (if you can, please provide a screenshot aswell).
2. What skill gems do you recommend?
3. At what level should i expect your recommended build to become propperly effective.

I apriciate anny help you guys can give me. I'm pretty bummed out that my attempts at making a Tanky Templar just ended up being fruitless.
Can you post a link to your build? I'm currently trying out a shield Templar in hardcore and he can pretty much tank everything thus far while still dealing some damage, although I'm still on normal so that could change very soon.

Edit: Just saw you said you would post the skill tree later, I'll have a look at it when it's posted and see if I can help out.
Last edited by BusinessSloth on Feb 7, 2013, 2:26:58 PM

Sitting at level 43 Cruel A2 Hardcore right now with 2.1k HP, 1.2k Armor and 75% Cold/Fire/Light resistances, as well as 1% chaos (up from the inherent -20 from being in cruel! :D)

My build (86 points)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEsxRNGjIaOB0UJ-0t0jKJNuk62EbXTdhPfVFgVcZX4lnzXcZgbWaecql35XzZgFaDOIx2j0aQVZuhnYCiAKeEqZWsqrT5tobAGs9l0NDd8-Nq7DjvfPAf89360sT2PC3Grrc-erhs9q6TbqoyfhNbJKoZhRZvpwjYJDbFHwIEB0yzLR9tGTvh4venK4t6CPR5AzGIwfOCHtsLuJMMfRB_xp4FW4uM4XPtIA==

My build (Level 50ish. This is where I want to be before A3 Cruel)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AtoaDOBRNogDwHwSzgW-ePE3YjHYyiXflV-LsOBo4p4SQVcAaZp6plVFgGjKAVvrSHRSPRtDQz2VVxhZvpwjYJDbFHwIEB0yzLR9tGcHzgh7bCw==

As for gear, it's not the best but it's not exactly bad either.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info