Renatobaal's Shield Build

Hello,

I've been puzzling out how I could make this build work for the Templar and having a hard time figuring out why it wouldn't be perfect. However, my question is honestly in what would be the best way to start. I have plans to start a Templar with some friends and want to use this build so I'm the one keeping everything busy while my friends off to the side lend an extra hand.

Link to Youtube Vid of the Build

I've been working over the Templar passive tree and having trouble with deciding on how to proceed in my Passive Skill choices as I level up. I would love some input. Also any suggestions on what to avoid and what I should prioritize would be wonderful.

I want to be able to tank as early as possible so that I can fulfill my role as the Tank with my group of friends.

I like that this build is very passive which is kind of hilarious to me for a Templar to use.

NOTE: If someone has already put together a build using Renatobaal's build for a Templar, I would love a link to that as well.

I want to make this work but could use some help from you vets ^_^.

Thanks.

Cheers!
If I were you I would try to head down, to reach blood magic. Dont put your point on it immediatly. Also there are alot of life nodes close to the Vaal Pact node.
These are quite fast to reach and give a nice amount of extra HP. Also on the way you will find some armor nodes.

I'm not sure if this is perfect, but I'm just telling you what I would try, if I were going for a templartank :)
That would work if I was going to be actively killing things with Melee attacks and Spells. In order for this build to work I need as many Block Chance nodes as I can while keeping High HP and Armor.

If I wanted to go the Blood Magic route, it makes more sense to build a Marauder (imo). As He has access to a ludicrous amount of Armor, Health, AND Resistances.

Here is a one mock up I'm toying around with for the first 30 Skill points.
Skill Tree Link

Mock up of 75 points spent.
Link To Skill Tree

Thanks for your input though. Appreciate it, but I don't feel Blood Magic would work as well for this build.

Cheers!
Last edited by imkoz on Feb 7, 2013, 5:52:22 AM
In that case I have no idea, since what you said makes complete sence. A marauder would fit better with the reply I posted!

I wish you the best of luck. The 75points-tree looks nice already if I may say.
I would like to hear from this once you've made up your mind. It looks nice, the idea of the shield!

Maybe try to reach some resistance nodes, i'm not sure. I think you are more of a vet than me ;)

Peace
"
Maybe try to reach some resistance nodes, i'm not sure. I think you are more of a vet than me ;)

Peace

If you look closely through that tree set up I already have plenty of added resistances. I'll be surprised if they aren't all capped out.

A Marauder that I'm trying out has resistances sitting at 50%+ with just the one Node and some lucky craft rolls and I achieved this by level 15.

I'm no vet. I'm still learning how the numbers work and all that. I don't have a character past 35 yet because I keep playing around. lol

Anyhow I appreciated your input. I hope this will work out nicely but I'm probably not going to know till I start building it.

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info