Black Friday Sale Extended to Cyber Monday! Also State of Exile Podcast Developer Q&A

Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I've just listened to the podcast and I remember tuning the AI for Zeno's grandmaster*. It was definitely freezing my test character as advertised.

I'm hoping the 1.3.0 PVP stuff gets people thinking about how to build some specialized grandmasters because I haven't seen many specifically geared towards fighting players.

There are some awesome ones that are though. Like one that uses multiple tiers of Cast when Damage Taken with different skill setups, and one that uses Leap Slam with Curse on Hit to chase down players like a vengeful bunny rabbit. I have no idea when either will make it into the map though.

While I'm here, I've got some quick tips for grandmaster submitting:

• Make sure all of your Auras and buffs are on, and that your pets and minions are summoned at the time you export your character. The export is a snapshot, which also means it won't update it's gear/level once it's submitted.
  • Think about how your character will play in PVP. If you'll need corpses to replenish your minions for example, consider having a Desecrate gem on hand.
  • Some gems don't work on players. Chance to Flee for example won't take control of a player's character, and your grandmaster won't portal out mid-fight. You also can't Dominate or Convert a player.

*That's a thing I do now.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info