Don't flame me bro! (anyone else miss gold?) crythread

I think this would be a much more apropiate tune to go with your post ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV0wPBYDQ6Y

(it's also one of the best ever made pieces of music for a movie, which doesn't hurt neither)
Closed beta player, August 2011
It feels odd having a game with no coin currency.... but it's a nice change and feels good. I would like to see how this system works out once the game goes live and the player market expands.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
tbh i miss it
Nope No Nah...
So far I do not miss it at all. I'll reserve final judgement for when the sale system comes in. Its actually refreshing to have a barter system with useful currency items, instead of pretty metal that's not practical in any non-decorative way.
Not at all, as it never really served a purpose. I think GGG has done a great job with the barter system.
"
Varil wrote:
I miss being able to sell useless piles of loot, but not necessarily gold itself.

This. Let us sell stuff even if we get nothing from it, LOL :)
I am not a female, but I really wish I was. <3
"
"
Varil wrote:
I miss being able to sell useless piles of loot, but not necessarily gold itself.

This. Let us sell stuff even if we get nothing from it, LOL :)

They plan to implement a system where you sell items and get currency items in return. They say it needs a lot more thought and work though.

=================

Gold being of value would be bad. Everybody would be stuck on Merviels lair. Sacking up all the gold that is there.

I like the currency system that is in place. It isn't very unlikely that you will have more then you need.
Can't judge the lack of a fiat currency until selling and trading is activated.

The accumulation and barter of currency items feels very artificial at this point because there is no market to speak of, and valuations are completely arbitrary between the parties trading goods.

For those of you intellectually inclined to do so: I urge you to read Fiat Currency in France.

I challenge you then to draw a parallel between what history has taught us about using an asset backed (gold standard) note versus fiat currency and what is currently happening in the global economy today.

To me, GGG's choice to do away with a fiat currency is refreshing, if only because it allows me to forget about the chaos that is happening in the real world ever since the US moved away from a gold standard.

My post in another thread reflecting my opinion on a gold currency
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
I'm not that much into vendor selling/buying anyways... in any game. I'm just waiting for a crafting system, so that I can dismantle all of the items I find into production ingredients.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info