Don't flame me bro! (anyone else miss gold?) crythread

I don't dislike the orb currency system at all, I love it, but I was wondering...

Has anyone else who has played past level 50 found themselves missing a gold currency system?

I think it might just be because I'm used to gold! I will get over it I'm sure.

*cries alone in a dark room while listening to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn90YtjuQgE&feature

...and remembers the old days...
Last edited by Smasherface on Oct 26, 2011, 7:00:56 PM
No.
Grim_Reaper lvl 67 RIP
I'm still feeling refreshed that I don't have to worry about unit currency. It always annoyed me in games. I have enough money troubles in life; I don't need them in my games, too :P
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Yeah it's weird for me. I love that there isn't gold, but miss it too. Kind of contradictory I know. It makes sense in my head.
Last edited by Smasherface on Oct 26, 2011, 7:02:38 PM
No - because all of the games I've played with gold, the gold became inflated, which mean you had to spend more time grinding to get more of it.
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
Do I miss being OCD about picking up hundreds of tiny piles of 3 or 4 gold? No.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
I miss being able to sell useless piles of loot, but not necessarily gold itself.
I think I miss it. I haven't played enough yet, not near 50 at all to relate to you specifically, but I'm not a huge fan of the current system. we'll see though I suppose.
Like some others..both yes and no.

The way it makes me handles items..etc..is very refreshing. I don't go around picking up every single blue..every single armor...every single rare....just so I can sell it for money.

I know once the sell system comes in..that'll change some..but even then with what they've revealed of how it works..it shouldn't be the same as when I would just pick up armor till full..then go to town and sell..then back again for more.
I tend to be a very opinionated and brief poster. Due to this I often come across more hostile than I really am, sorry bout that. Also my train of thought is odd, something I just forget to post needed information, or assume its already known.
Honestly NO.

Only because potions refill on enemy hits.
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info