9.3 out yet? soon? confirmed date?

"
aurisacra wrote:
This is true, but that does not make it good game design. If you are satisfied with 2 acts and 6 quests more power to you. I have higher hopes for PoE.
So do I, but I realize that it's a beta build and I get the hell over it.

They plan on supporting and expanding the game for 10 years. Until we get a few nice expansions, we'll have 3 acts to play. It's a fairly standard scheme in games, and I don't see how it should be a deciding factor when it's far more common than it is unique to PoE.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
amindamok wrote:
"
LSUfootball wrote:
I continue to play the game but almost no one else is. With the random timer giving away around 50 invites a day to new players I am always surprised to see the /online population at 20-50 people total.

Kinda worries me actually.

That is exactly why I have stopped playing much. Not enough people online to do any trading to get orbs to upgrade equipment to continue to enjoy the game. It has become too difficult without upgrades and either nobody is online to trade for orbs or nobody is trading period. Kinda kills the fun. Will be back full swing when the new patch arrives and the game is populated. Will enjoy Battle Field 3 until then.

To be honest, trading is somewhat difficult at the moment without a trade window. I hope it will be possible to trade through the forum someday (and maybe some mobile apps so people can trade when they are away from pc)
Last edited by siis on Oct 29, 2011, 5:51:36 AM
"

You need to realize that in almost any of these games, you will re-run content over and over again to reach max level (if you ever even do).

Yeah that true but there needs to be stuff to spice it up a bit. IMO D3 has taken a nice step in this direction with randomized stuff in the zones, at lest this means that your runs are not 100% the same every time.
"
italofoca wrote:
They shouldn't have announced it.

I feel totally unmotivated to play the game because i kno my progress can be "deleted" at any time.

I do agree that they shouldn't commit to any dates for releasing anything at this point; especially this early in development. That's probably why they gave a vague 2 weeks instead of an exact date.

I'm sorry, but I don't empathize with you being unmotivated to play the game; you either help or you don't--your choice. It seems your priorities are all mixed up. Your sole purpose for being in this beta is to find bugs, play test the game and provide feedback from your experiences so that it's fit and polished enough to be enjoyed by the masses.

You're not here to have fun or demand things as if you're a paying customer and the developers are somehow indebted to you. Not that you shouldn't get any enjoyment and/or fulfillment out of it whatsoever (it is a video game, thus a form of entertainment), but that your own personal amusement should not be more important than the game's progress as a whole. You're only one of tens of thousands interested in the game's success. Just try to be a little less self-absorbed and do it for the cause of helping this game to succeed is my advice to you.

You should always be content with the fact that at any given time your progress will be taken away, and that you'll need to start back up again, in order for the game to progress. That's what the beta test is all about: Constant critical analysis, revision of content and administering updates so that the developers may trim the fat so-to-speak.

Also, be aware that the characters you create in any testing phase are impermanent, and that you'll be saying a fond farewell to them when the test concludes and before PoE is finalized.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Last edited by Madav on Nov 1, 2011, 5:37:43 PM
fk this game man sdgo tomorow
I don't care when 9.3 comes,I miss playing PoE after so long because of my exams,no more,after today I'll get so much time to play the game :)
Keysus is my guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info