9.3 out yet? soon? confirmed date?

Part of the problem is also the lack of content. I've played 4 chars into the mid 20s and one into the 40s and I'm dead bored of the repetition after just a few weeks of testing. We need Act3 and more quests/stuff to do - as it stands many of the zones are superfluous.

I'm still logging in and playing a bit, but the lack of class-defining characteristics/abilities/capstones etc. is somewhat of a failing IMO.

Hopefully some new content and new passive skill forest will address some of these things.
Last edited by aurisacra on Oct 28, 2011, 1:47:54 PM
"
aurisacra wrote:
Part of the problem is also the lack of content. I've played 4 chars into the mid 20s and one into the 40s and I'm dead bored of the repetition after just a few weeks of testing. We need Act3 and more quests/stuff to do - as it stands many of the zones are superfluous.

I'm still logging in and playing a bit, but the lack of class-defining characteristics/abilities/capstones etc. is somewhat of a failing IMO.

Hopefully some new content and new passive skill forest will address some of these things.

What do you expect?
Of course we need content up to lvl 100 and lvl 100 hard areas and all that but in the end PoE is a game where you grind areas over and over to find usefull gear. Most of won't play because of a nice story and exciting quests, we have Skyrim for that, but we will play to min-max our gear and chars, try different builds and especially in PoE there will be different leagues. But in the end it will be like diablo, a gear grinding game. (... you know, made by Grinding Gear Games).
Diablo was not just about grinding gear; I truly hope PoE won't be, either (despite the name — in general, I think GGG has done a good job on this so far).
This is a repetitive game; that's just the nature of ARPG's that follow a story. It's not like the open-world MMO's where you can play 4 characters to max level without repeating much content. Even with Act 3 (and subsequent expansions), there will be repetition.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Ultimately, the builds should be varied enough that even if the content is the same, it's not a repeat because you are different.
When I was a developer I had a boss who told me, "If you give me an estimate, I double it before I write it down. Then, if someone asks me for a date, I double it again." Now that I'm a PM, I follow those rules for most dev estimates. Programming is almost never as simple as initially believed.
"
I "play" to test, not to just get enjoyment out of the fact I'm playing. Since most of the things I've found have been reported, it takes out my job, in my opinion. I won't even do a "my first thoughts on the game~" until I get to put my nose to the grindstone with 9.3

Alpha beggar is begging
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
This is a repetitive game; that's just the nature of ARPG's that follow a story. It's not like the open-world MMO's where you can play 4 characters to max level without repeating much content. Even with Act 3 (and subsequent expansions), there will be repetition.

This. You need to realize that in almost any of these games, you will re-run content over and over again to reach max level (if you ever even do).
I am not a female, but I really wish I was. <3
"
LSUfootball wrote:
I continue to play the game but almost no one else is. With the random timer giving away around 50 invites a day to new players I am always surprised to see the /online population at 20-50 people total.

Kinda worries me actually.

That is exactly why I have stopped playing much. Not enough people online to do any trading to get orbs to upgrade equipment to continue to enjoy the game. It has become too difficult without upgrades and either nobody is online to trade for orbs or nobody is trading period. Kinda kills the fun. Will be back full swing when the new patch arrives and the game is populated. Will enjoy Battle Field 3 until then.
"
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

This. You need to realize that in almost any of these games, you will re-run content over and over again to reach max level (if you ever even do).

This is true, but that does not make it good game design. If you are satisfied with 2 acts and 6 quests more power to you. I have higher hopes for PoE.
Last edited by aurisacra on Oct 28, 2011, 9:18:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info