Once PoE is open...

So, I would like to open a discussion regarding once beta is open.

This discussion is basically my way of wondering if we will be recognized as Beta or Alpha members once PoE is open.

Anyone think this is a possibility?

Maybe a hat gets thrown into the inventory of every new character on a beta account, etc etc, a pet?

This would make for an interesting topic, I am curious to see what everyone thinks, or if the devs have already thought about it!

--EDIT--

Maybe our name will be gold, or perhaps a title under it like in some other games.
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?
Last edited by DarkWestern on Oct 25, 2011, 5:28:45 PM
Absolutely nothing. That's what I think we should get. We were given this by luck; we don't deserve something else to show people how lucky we were.

I'd be fine with the appropriate forum tag staying there or a colored forum name for recognition, but I don't think we should get anything in-game.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
I'd imagine we'd get to keep our Beta / Alpha member tags, but that's it.
Keyblades!
I've been in dozens of beta tests.

The only thing I've ever gotten from any of them was a really nicely made 18x9" promo booklet of early EvE Online artwork/graphics. It's really beautiful and I still have it (and still played EvE until just recently).
Last edited by aurisacra on Oct 25, 2011, 6:12:37 PM
Haha, seems as if everyone is hating on me for this.
Guess it was a terrible idea. lol
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?
ahhh. I can give you a internet *pat on the back*

You get to keep you're knowledge to stomp the new kids?
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
All other games give a little extra to their alpha/beta testers, some in-game item with no real power. Just to show off.
Fourier - Level 41 Templar (Hardcore League)
FourierII - Level 55 Duelist (Hardcore League)
HC Ladder Rank: 7
Yeah I feel people who want special notoriety for early access to games just want it for e-peen fights or general bragging.

I do get where one comes from, I certainly wouldn't mind any special recognition, bu I absolutely never expect it, nor ask for it.
I'd appreciate just keeping the little tag under my name that says Beta Member. Alpha would be slightly cooler, but I only found out about this game about two months ago, so I can't justify it.
IRON MAN
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Absolutely nothing. That's what I think we should get. We were given this by luck; we don't deserve something else to show people how lucky we were.

I'd be fine with the appropriate forum tag staying there or a colored forum name for recognition, but I don't think we should get anything in-game.

I totally agree, its not like we did anything to earn our beta access, we were just lucky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info