Damage Reflection Templar Help

I'm making a damage reflection templar. Unfortunately, my browser doesn't work well with this site so I can't post a link to my build, though I can describe is.

It starts at Templar Mana Regen and goes by the Quickest path to Soul Siphon (I only have 1 mana on kill node atm).

It then goes back the opposite way between the red anf green +30 nodes (I have the green one) and then turns left and loops beneath elemental equilibrium and zealot's oath (I don't have them) before moving down to the nearby Fitness node.

It goes through the Fitness and +health nodes and goes down toward the +health on kill nodes.

I'm currently about 3 levels way from them.

I am planning on grabbing the shield node below the tanking portion of the Mara tree (along with the tanking portion of the Mara tree). I'll also be taking all the health nodes, shield nodes, energy resist nodes, the shock nodes nearby, and the body and soul node near the shield node.

My main plan is to create the "skeleton" of the build and then just grab things as I need them.

I'm using Templar Armor and the Evasion/ES shield with the innate Damage Reflection while trying to get as much damage reflection equipment as possible.

I currently have Infernal Blow, Spark, Tempest Shield, and Punishment. I'm going to be getting Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, and Immortal Call.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to have trouble. Infernal Blow is missing a lot and spark is just not doing a lot of damage atm. I'm starting to feel like I need to change attack skills.

Any suggestions?
From what ive seen on the prefix database ( http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/prefixmod ) the higher damage return you can have is 25-50 (jagged prefix).

Assuming you have 50 in all your items it would not amount to much, maybe to complement your main damage dealing source but i dont think that damage return will make any big difference against tougher foes. Tempest shield does seem to improve your situation but i still think is not enough.

It could help dealing with the puny gangbanging grouped mobs but if you have a good AoE they would not get the chance to hit you and die. And We are talking early game here.

You can always use the Punishment curse (skill gem). It can be better since it returns % of damage taking instead of returning a fixed amount of dmg. Plus you dont need to use one mod from your gear.

The good thing is that damage return has nothing to do with the passive tree, its just from items and some skills. You can try a successfull tanky build and adapt its gear/skills to having damage return. That could solve your problems, if thats not it maybe the true source of your issues is that you are undergeared/leveled for the maps you are facing.
Last edited by Kethzen on Feb 7, 2013, 12:19:37 AM
Well, I'm level 26 at the moment (so I'm nowhere near endgame). I'm actually in the Vaal Temple on Normal (Haven't done the thief quest but I think Imma side with Kraitlin).

What I really need is just 2 offensive skills to help me level. I picked up Molten Shell last night after posting this and it is great. I switched to Firestorm and Infernal Blow. IB still misses a lot but firestorm helps a lot against ranged (which was a big problem before).

I'm wondering about maybe Arc as an offensive skill... but I just dunno.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info