RF Inc Guide Not Working

So I followed this guide recently for a standard build to play with while between leagues and it's not able to maintain the RF. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1068509

I honestly am not sure what i'm missing...http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQQHBLMFLQj0C2EMXwx9DlwQWBB_ES0b-hynHwIl3yfVJ-0o-iqNLJwtHy7_MjQy0TWSNtg6WDwtQYdFfkWdSRtMs0z_UFBTUlOlVcZYY1nzXypfP2BLYSFodGpDavprF2wWbml07XgNeWh673yDgh6Cx4PbhNmE74cZh2WQVZSglSCa4KIAog-kGaeEqW6smKyqr2yvt7Xytz64k7zqvorAGsBUwQTB88RYxLjE9sWKxp7GrsbYzfrV-Ni92mLbC-Lq6-Tr7uxV8B_xbPno_Ev-Cg==

I'm using a ride of phoenix. Lvl 18 purity. Even running like a lvl 16-17 vitality and while it's a very slow degeneration, I still can't maintain the RF....

I even had this build setup for RF last league and same gear and gems DID maintain so I'm so lost... Only think I possibly saw might be an error was there is a 1% life regen node called like arsonist on bottom left this guide doesn't go for but if that is absolutely needed how has this not been corrected yet? I have to be missing something........

gear i'm using
You have 12.3% life regeneration in your passive skill tree. You also lack Inner Force and any buff effect, so RF burns you for 90% of your life per second.

With 75% base fire resistance, you burn for 22.5% of your life. This is a difference of 10.2%.

Rise of the Phoenix brings you to 83%, causing you to burn for 15.3% of your life. Difference of 3%.

This means you need 86% fire resistance in order to break even, and this is easily obtained with a level 17 Purity of Fire.

Oh, but wait, you do have Inner Force and buff effect. A total of 26%, in fact. This means you take 113.4% of your life as burn per second. So let's redo the math:

Base: burning for 28.35%. Difference of 16.05%.

With 83% from RotP: burning for 19.278%. Difference of 6.978%.

With 86% from RotP and level 20 PoF: burning for 15.876%. Difference of 3.576%.

This means you require 4% maximum resistance, 3.6% life regeneration, or a mixture of both. Or you can drop Inner Force and Athleticism.
If you played that build in the last league, you most likely had another 3% max fire resist from the tree. Now there is only 1% available.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Wait wait. So those nodes increase BUFFS on me. How is that making me burn more? Taking damage from something such as RF is considered a BUFF?????
It's part of the same buff that gives you more spell damage.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
JonnyBrains wrote:
Wait wait. So those nodes increase BUFFS on me. How is that making me burn more? Taking damage from something such as RF is considered a BUFF?????

As noted in the wiki, Righteous Fire is a spell that applies a buff on the character.

Inner Force increases the effect of buffs.

This means you burn for more but also get more spell damage from RF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info