Herald of thunder/ice + fireball/conc effect

How do I calculate the dps of fireball with conc effect, while using herald of thunder/ice "adds y-z to spells/attacks"

Assuming that fireball/conc effect and reduced/herald of thunder/ice is being used,

Is it:
1) conc effect doesn't apply to heralds because the lightning/ice damage is just added normally

2) conc effect applies because the added lightning/ice damage is considered aoe because the spell is aoe

I'm probably gonna guess that conc effect doesn't apply to heralds and I'm just overthinking it
Last edited by thevenomer on Nov 14, 2014, 11:37:48 PM
Pretty sure it's scenario 1. For conc effect to apply to the herald it would need to be linked to them.
I'd expect it to be 2-ish, personally, where the heralds add cold and lightning damage to your fireballs in the same way the support gems do.

So, you'll get the extra damage from concentrated effect on all three types of elemental damage on your fireballs, but, of course, only on your fireballs.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
wenlock wrote:
Pretty sure it's scenario 1. For conc effect to apply to the herald it would need to be linked to them.

"
Skivverus wrote:
I'd expect it to be 2-ish, personally, where the heralds add cold and lightning damage to your fireballs in the same way the support gems do.

So, you'll get the extra damage from concentrated effect on all three types of elemental damage on your fireballs, but, of course, only on your fireballs.

Oh man, already 2 conflicting statements.

I think it would be similar to an ele buzzsaw build, where you get flat ele dmg weapon and scale it using auras/weapon ele dmg

In this case, to scale herald of thunder/ice through fireball using conc effect, but I don't know if heralds have any special restrictions, or if it just doesn't work like that.
"
Skivverus wrote:

Correct.

Concentrated effect supporting a herald would modify all area damage the herald dealt.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 15, 2014, 6:44:01 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Skivverus wrote:

Correct.
Concentrated effect supporting a herald would modify all area damage the herald dealt.

Just to make sure, this would work if concentrated effect was linked with herald?

I should've probably stated that fireball/conc effect was not linked to herald of ice/lightning,and how fireball/conc effect interacts with the added ice/lightning dmg to spells(not the explosion dmg when killing a frozen enemy)
"
thevenomer wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Skivverus wrote:

Correct.

Just to make sure, this would work if concentrated effect was linked with herald?

I should've probably stated that fireball/conc effect was not linked to herald of ice/lightning,and how fireball/conc effect interacts with the added ice/lightning dmg to spells(not the explosion dmg when killing a frozen enemy)

As noted by Mark in his post and that you quoted, if you support a herald with CE the effect generated from the herald will benefit from CE.

If you have Spell + Herald + CE, but have Herald + Reduced Mana, the herald will not have CE since there is no CE to apply to it.
"
thevenomer wrote:

Added damage to spells from heralds is the same as any added damage, like the one on support gems. It becomes a part of your skill's base damage and is affected by any and all bonuses that affect the skill.

Linking supports with heralds will affect only the damage that herald does, not the additional damage it provides to other skills.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
thevenomer wrote:

Added damage to spells from heralds is the same as any added damage, like the one on support gems. It becomes a part of your skill's base damage and is affected by any and all bonuses that affect the skill.

Linking supports with heralds will affect only the damage that herald does, not the additional damage it provides to other skills.

This is what I thought would happen in this situation since it kind of makes sense.

Of course that's in theory, in reality I don't know if it works that to begin with or heralds have some sort of restriction. Or like the added cold/lighting does aoe dmg because of fireball but doesn't factor in conc effect
"
thevenomer wrote:
Of course that's in theory

It's not theory, that's the way it works.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info