Theorycrafting challenge: Resolute Technique

I agree since taking RT for a challenge should actually mean RT is good for the build, for mine RT is just self-nerferino.

If the result of the competition is don't take RT, then I'll laugh my ass off.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Nov 14, 2014, 11:46:26 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Np, 20/20 Flameblast, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Ele Prolif, Increased AoE, Fire Pen

20/20 Light Warp Setup, pretty much sub 2:00 if I remember other FB builds.

Wouldn't Chance to Ignite be better than Increased AoE for clear speed? 20Q FB only gives 30% chance to ignite, and you're taking RT so no chance to Ignite off of Crit. Even if you take all of the Chance to Ignite nodes on the tree you'd be looking at 45% chance I think? Even if I missed a couple it's 50-55%.

Getting an Ignite on the first try would save a lot more time than having more AoE I would think
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Np, 20/20 Flameblast, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Ele Prolif, Increased AoE, Fire Pen

Wouldn't Chance to Ignite be better than Increased AoE for clear speed? 20Q FB only gives 30% chance to ignite, and you're taking RT so no chance to Ignite off of Crit. Even if you take all of the Chance to Ignite nodes on the tree you'd be looking at 45% chance I think? Even if I missed a couple it's 50-55%.

Getting an Ignite on the first try would save a lot more time than having more AoE I would think

In my experience with the build, 45% means 99% always in any pack since each mob has 45% to ignite - and if it didn't then you could do multiple Gorge runs until you get the 100% one =)

AoE is sooo good for clearing off screen mobs.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Monster packs melt like butter in lava.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Last edited by Broliciously on Nov 14, 2014, 11:57:17 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

In my experience with the build, 45% means 99% always in any pack since each mob has 45% to ignite - and if it didn't then you could do multiple Gorge runs until you get the 100% one =)

AoE is sooo good for clearing off screen mobs.

Ah I didn't know that the chance to ignite was rolled per mob. Good to know.
EA.
Will see how it goes in Gorge at some point. Raided my standard stash for gems from all previous leagues and such and put it together (curse you quill rain, 600 jewelers to 6s and 120 fuses and no 5l...)
Gear:
Spoiler

Tree

Yeah it is ranged so kinda easy, but I bet some Flicker striker can do very well.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Uh yea, i accidentally edited out melee.

IT'S MELEE ONLY GUYS
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Phew, thanks for clarifying. Otherwise melee can't really compare with spectral throw or some spells like flameblast.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
For this to make any objective sense, shouldn't someone estimate the total value of the build at the end and come up with something crit-oriented with the same budget? We all know the crit version will mutilate the RT one.

I haven't made a non-crit build since domination. This isn't about crit being expensive (it isn't). It's about the fact that crit scales damage wildly out of proportion to anything else.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Skyforth wrote:

Create a build that reaches the fastest MELEE Gorge Clear Speed. Also include a merc Dom kill from the very start for boss fighting capabilities.

Requirements

• 4k~ hp, 3.8k with tabula
  • Reasonable defences, e.g block or armour. If not, then VP with extreme leech with no defences
  • Level 85 cap, or level 85 point allocation on a character above level 85
  • Sustainable attacks without the usage of mana pots
  • Capped resists
  • A form of adequate life pool sustain
  • Resolute Technique

Clear speed is literally the last thing I would consider or use to rank a build like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info