Best weapon for CoC with utility spells?

So I wanted to try myself on trying out some of the weaker/less used spells with CoC, and as the current league nears it's end and the next one is still nowhere to be seen, I guess I got the time to search, but I figured it's easier to ask:

What would be the best method of delivery when considering utility spells (aka low dps)?
Wand Barrage with a projectile support, say, pierce or Chain or lmp?
Or ST with lmp?
(I already did bows twice when CoC first came out, so Wands and Daggers seem like the next best options)

And no, I don't actually expect it to be viable past level 70, Early maps is as far as I'll ever go. Still, I like the theory crafting, so the char should at least potentially have a future.

Edit: Yes, Frostwall. I'm that lunatic.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Nov 14, 2014, 5:10:51 AM
What do you mean by utility spells? Off hand I can only think of a few I can think of that you'd really want to deliver via CoC would be curses, but since CoH got buffed that seems to the be the better route for that.

Other than that Frost Wall? Things like Cold Snap and Desecrate are limited by cooldowns so it doesn't seem useful to use with CoC....
Well, Frostwall is a particularly good one. I've thought of cold snap and EC as well, but yeh, cooldowns would require a steady stream of Power charges that I wouldn't be able to supply.
Skeletons would also be an option.
But let's focus on Frostwall, 'cos that's where I got the idea two leagues back.

In the very early days, I did what is now probably a pretty standard Bow CoC-Char, and for shits'n'giggles I switched out Fireball for Frostwall, resulting in a barrage walling in a rare in a corner.
I've tried things, and summoning Raging spirits wasn't that successful, though maybe I ought to try again.
So recently I've tried CoC with Tornado shot, which was ok, but leaves room for improvement.

The question is, which skill is the best delivery method for a skill that blocks myself?
For Frostwall, I'd need either ST, potentially with lmp, or Wands with a Pierce support (pierce cluster is reachable, or Chain to still hit some targets. Wands would have the advantage of theoretically allowing to later get an Apeps Rage or something, though that is probably an illusory hope; and I guess Molten Strike is a bit risky given I'm way close to the enemy and might be walling myself in.
Or should I favour a Claw over a Dagger for Defence?

Edit: If I attack fast enough, would IC work?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Nov 15, 2014, 7:04:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info