What are some fun Standard builds?

I'm leaning towards skipping the next 3 month league and staying in Standard - I actually really enjoyed Rampage/Beyond, but going for 8/8 made me really nolife it pretty hard, so taking a step back and playing a bit more casually for a few months seems like it might be healthy.

That said, I'm not burned out or anything and I want to keep playing. It being standard where I have several leagues worth of stuff accumulated I have 2-300 exalts and some goodies like Atziri's Acuity / 6L Shav's. So I can't afford multiple mirrored items or anything but I can likely afford most uniques.

With that in mind, what's your recommendation for a build that's the most fun to play for leveling from say 90 to 95?
Shatterchuck, Chin Sol DOT, Rainbownuke, Arcane Archer, SRS with Pledge of Hands, etc.

PS!
Build of the Week, any of them.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
"
Voidin_Blitz wrote:
Shatterchuck, Chin Sol DOT, Rainbownuke, Arcane Archer, SRS with Pledge of Hands, etc.

PS!
Build of the Week, any of them.

You've played all of these and they are equally fun? Really?
Nope, played a few and guessing the rest.
Still, they look fun. No guarantees, though.

PS!
Played the average player ones and guessing the ultra-expensive ones.
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Nov 13, 2014, 11:24:41 AM
Chain split arrow
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Crit dual wield anything, preferably cyclone.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Dual apeps incinerate. since u have shavs, u can go ll and have even more fun, than i do :)
What's "fun" ?

Magic Finding ?
massive AoE ?
single target high dps ?
Move Speed ?
lame ass skill optimization ? I'm looking at things like "spark", still viable and decent clear speed after all this time.
Make your own build ?
make an "everything on a map is possible" build ?

Personally I have my own build, using a couple skills that others frown on. Just dinged 92 and by no means am I no-life. I love it and find it fun because I'm a special snowflake...... Or you can always go and follow current meta whatever it may be.

I think you need to decide what "you" like to do, and how you like to play.

A buddy and I run death maps almost every night ( EST ). Feel free to hit me up and carry me through some 78's with that GG gear you have :) Me and buddy try to run highest % maps we can. Only option off limits is blood magic. Neither of us has gear worth a shit, he doesn't even have a 6L.

PS. When you decide what to do, try to keep in mind that gear is not a deciding factor in fun. The people you're with or you're own personality should guide you. You have the GG gear, and ability to buy whatever you want, so you probably realize this anyway.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Sorry I should have mentioned this in the original post, but a few things to add:

1) Since I'm talking about leveling to the mid-90s, glass cannon builds are no good. They don't need to be super tanky Hardcore ready type builds, but I'm looking for something where I would die 1 out of 100 maps or so. Even if the build is fun to play, dying is frustrating.

2) Huge clear speed is not synonymous with fun. Something like crit split arrow doesn't seem that fun - I haven't tried it with GG gear so feel free to explain why it's fun, but pressing one button and watching everything die is cool for a while but seems like it would get bland after a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info