Hegemony's Era knockback mechanic

"10% chance to gain a Power Charge if you Knock an enemy Back with Melee Damage"

Does this give me...

...a 10% chance to get 1 PC on 1 knockback attack?
(knockback 7 monsters, be lucky with the 10%, but only get 1 powercharge)

...a 10% chance to get 1 PC per monster I knockback?
(knockback 7 monsters, be lucky with the 10% get 7 powercharges)

...a PC at 10% for each knockbacked monster, rolled separatly?
(knockback 7 monsters, be lucky on two, get two powercharges)

If multistrike is in the mix, do I get 3x the charges or not?

And if someone has tried it, more important question:
Does this definetly allow to replace the PCoC gem as a stable way to generate PC?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 12, 2014, 4:05:27 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"10% chance to gain a Power Charge if you Knock an enemy Back with Melee Damage"

Does this give me...

...a 10% chance to get 1 PC on 1 knockback attack?
(knockback 7 monsters, be lucky with the 10%, but only get 1 powercharge)

...a 10% chance to get 1 PC per monster I knockback?
(knockback 7 monsters, be lucky with the 10% get 7 powercharges)

...a PC at 10% for each knockbacked monster, rolled separatly?
(knockback 7 monsters, be lucky on two, get two powercharges)

If multistrike is in the mix, do I get 3x the charges or not?

And if someone has tried it, more important question:
Does this definetly allow to replace the PCoC gem as a stable way to generate PC?

As the item states you get one PC per enemy knocked so it rolls the 10% for each enemy. The description is clear enough. And yes it does allow you to replace the PCoC IF you have sufficient knpckback
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Just asking because PCOC says "xx% chance to gain a PC on critical strike" but I only get 1 PC when I hit several mobs with crits, even though mechanically crits are rolled separatly for each monster.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
Just asking because PCOC says "xx% chance to gain a PC on critical strike" but I only get 1 PC when I hit several mobs with crits, even though mechanically crits are rolled separatly for each monster.

The item should roll the 10% for each enemy so you should get more than one PC sometimes. Are you sure that's not the case?
Keep in mind that if you knock back 10 enemies you will generally get only one charge,maybe 2 sometimes. 10% is not that high of a chance.
You should get 2 PC in several occasions though.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Nov 13, 2014, 5:21:05 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

No, crit is rolled once per skill use (skill button press), so even if your skill repeats by virtue of multistrike or echo it will use the same roll for all hits. Chance to hit and crit confirmation are rolled separately, though.

PCoC says 'Critical strikes with the supported skill have a chance of granting you a Power Charge', it most likely doesn't say 'critical hits' for that exact reason, you get a power charge per critical roll. You could say Voll's protector gives you one per critical hit.

Similarly, frenzy says 'Performs an attack that gives the character a frenzy charge if it hits', it doesn't say 'you get a power charge on hit', it says 'you get a power charge per successful attack'.

I wonder how much time they spent to formulate it like that.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 13, 2014, 5:34:10 AM
So confusing, those mechanics.
I thought it is a crit once I get "crit confirmation".

Ok, so PCoC: xx% for 1 PC per Crit Attack
Hegemony: 10% per monster I knockback

Still not sure if I want to spend 25x times more for a Hegemony Staff than for
No idea, I got this sitting in my stash for a long time with a noble intention of making a sweep crit build one day, just for the hell of it.

Properly crafted it should outdps hegemony, but you know, those power charges on knockback play right into that kind of build and look mighty tempting.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info