Account has been hacked.

I logged on today with my inventory re-arranged, and every item of value (including hundreds of orbs) missing.

Is there anyway I can have my account resorted? I'm so angry, this may be the end of POE for me.
Just found out there will be at least a two week delay before GGG even read's my support email.

POE - Uninstalled. Peace.
"
AllKindsOfBad wrote:
Just found out there will be at least a two week delay before GGG even read's my support email.

POE - Uninstalled. Peace.

Bye.

PS. Next time don't try to use a "maphack", or if you didn't, then don't use such a poor password.
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games
I never once tried to use any hack.

From what I can tell from other forum posts/other gaming community websites, this is quite a big issue for many players. Probably a security issue on GGG's side.

(And don't say it can't happen, it even has happened to Blizzard several times, who have infinitely more money than GGG.)
Same thing for me a couple of hours ago, and a third guy posted the same issue earlier, seems to be some leecher that doesn't want to farm his own orbs running around...
It can't be to hard to find who did it. I haven't traded anything with another player -ever, nor have I been in a party with others, so they must easily be able to find the one and only trade my char has ever made.
We're working hard on finding where the attackers are getting the passwords from. These are the ones we've identified so far:

a) Phishing PMs
b) Users posting config files
c) Infected hack programs
d) Users not using a unique password for PoE
e) Powerlevelling services

We're intending to post a security bulletin soon about what users can do to stay safer and what things we're planning on doing to help protect them (such as storing the cached password in a different place, potentially changing the PM system to disallow links, etc).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I just logged in to the same thing, all my valuables are missing =(
"
Chris wrote:
We're working hard on finding where the attackers are getting the passwords from. These are the ones we've identified so far:

a) Phishing PMs
b) Users posting config files
c) Infected hack programs
d) Users not using a unique password for PoE
e) Powerlevelling services

We're intending to post a security bulletin soon about what users can do to stay safer and what things we're planning on doing to help protect them (such as storing the cached password in a different place, potentially changing the PM system to disallow links, etc).

I don't think any of those applies in my case.

Haven't received any pms
Never come close to any config files
nor any hackprograms
The pass is unique
and I don't use any powerlevelling service

What about an ordinary password-generator?
so just logged on and all my currency items are gone...........now what , is there anything we can do, tons of orbs gone, not sure i'm up for starting over even though i still have my gear/gems, just seems wrong and to start over to have it happen again, yeah i dont know.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info